• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bleeding ALL the air out.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

covana2244

I just installed this reservior http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchan...OD&Product_Code=HDPE-BayRes&Category_Code=Res

I have been letting the air bleed out for like 16 hours and most of it is out. When I first start the lines looked cloudy with air but now the lines look pretty clear. But for the past 5 hours there still is little bubbles going through the lines if looked at closely with a flash light. I was wondering how long should this take? Also should I leave the fill hole cap off so the air has a place to escape, or is it ok to close it?

Thanks A lot.

Leave the cap off, just give it some time it should all bleed out. Also try filling up the res as mutch as you can, when i was bleeding air out if my res wasent almost full with water the water would mix around in it and get filled with air bubbles.

some take up to a day or two, just make sure you have the cap off so all the air can come out.... why didn't you go with a T-Line instead?

covana2244 said:
I just installed this reservior http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchan...OD&Product_Code=HDPE-BayRes&Category_Code=Res

I have been letting the air bleed out for like 16 hours and most of it is out. When I first start the lines looked cloudy with air but now the lines look pretty clear. But for the past 5 hours there still is little bubbles going through the lines if looked at closely with a flash light. I was wondering how long should this take? Also should I leave the fill hole cap off so the air has a place to escape, or is it ok to close it?

Thanks A lot.

I hate to tell you but what you describe is an air leak into your system on the suction side of the pump. Suction side leaks means bubbles, discharge side means water leak. See the clamps are straight in place and tighten them if they have screws to tighten the clamps further.

There is such a thing as a bad clamp. I had a bad one when i tested the cooler i have now.

pplapeu said:
I hate to tell you but what you describe is an air leak into your system on the suction side of the pump. Suction side leaks means bubbles, discharge side means water leak. See the clamps are straight in place and tighten them if they have screws to tighten the clamps further.

There is such a thing as a bad clamp. I had a bad one when i tested the cooler i have now.
Why so big? Yes my system took a couple days for the bubles to go all away. I have never used that kind of res just a bay rez at one time but now a T. If the res is not full the water may be mixing up and causing air to get sucked back in. Not sure with this res though.

jesus! you don't need to bold junk like that

but as stated before, make sure that your res is filled as full as possible

I let it bleed for a little longer and it seems better. I have put my computer back together and it is up an running. If I have the fill port hole closed will it still bleed the air out of the lines if I missed some?

Back