• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blinitializelibrary failed when trying to install Win10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrankMasterFlash

I have been trying to set up Windows 10 on my new build but keep running into an issue trying to use the official Microsoft retail USB for Windows 10 Pro.

System Specs:

Asus X99-Deluxe (Latest BIOS 2001)
Intel 5960x
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
8GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator

Whenever I try to boot to enter the setup, it goes to loading files then immediately throws a blinitializelibrary failed 0xc0000229 error before it even gets to the setup. I have done extensive googling and trying all combinations of settings for CSM(Compatibility Support Module) and Secure Boot (Enabled/Disabled) in the Bios but the same error persists.

I am running out of ideas and was wondering if anyone has run into this error before?

I have tried to clear the CMOS, pull the battery, reset all optimized defaults. I have tried booting to a dvd image of Windows 10 but the same error happens.

Info: An unexpected error has occurred.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Glad you have it fixed, wow I have seen a lot of people replacing DOA intel CPU's this year.

Back