• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

block to block heat transfer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here's my older setup I had just over a year ago. I have upgraded since and removed them as I didn't feel the need for them except for one setup as a drain at the bottom of my 900D. QDC's are great for a mobile or test bench system to say the least or for those that don't want to take apart their whole sysetm.

For your case OP I would place them somewhere by themselves and not on top of any chipset or electronics. Just make sure their O-rings are up to par. Once disconnected they can have a small drop or two. Than once connected they can create a few small bubbles but that shouldn't be an issue.

Here's an example of exactly what I believe you're trying to do, to be able to disconnect from each join if you were to replace/upgrade a component without draining the whole loop or redoing it for that matter.

picture.php

Times have changed. Components have changed as already stated. Lots of great water cooling parts with more pumping power and better heat dissipation. Skinneelabs and Martinsliquidlab would be a great place to start.

Hope to see some pics of your finished product.

Last edited:
never really had any problems with the cooling ability of my existing stuff. id reuse most of it if the size works. I wont know that until i design the enclosure for the mainboard. the cabinet storing it wont be much larger than the board. ill have to decide if it will stand vertical or lay flat. i like the idea of vertical but would be much easier to work on it laying down.
ill probably go with one of the alphacool offerings for rad. they seem to have a bunch of varied sizes that differ from the hardwarelabs/thermochill stuff. I dont expect to need more than a 2x140 rad but they have a 3x120x80mm im kind of interested in. if i lay the board flat with the ports facing back the rad would fit in front of it no prob.
could probably kep the entire setup contained to a 8"x20"x26" drawer with a usable open shelf or more drawers under it.

ill start drawing it up shortly. compare some ideas. ill need to get some glass cut as the ones i brought home were smaller than i had thought.

actually now that ive shopped frozencpu some, im tempted to buy two more 3x120 rads and build a airplex type system. have a few ideas on how i could incorporate that into the cabinet.
that would definitely check the unique box lol.

Back