• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue Motherboard to match Titan capabilites

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drkcyde

Registered
I'm putting together a very unique and custom PC. I have a GeForce titan that is going to have the stock case removed and replaced with a liquid cooled block. Anyways, does anyone know of a premium motherboard that can handle all the titan can throw at it and is themed with a blue color?

Preferably blue and white, but blue with anything will do.

Depends... do you plan to SLI? That color scheme though I see pretty common in MSI motherboards.

Edit: I should of added in more things too, like do you plan to overclock. What is the board going to be used for gaming, rendering, etc. How many harddrives or sata ports do you need/plan to use. Do you want quad channel ram or dual? Motherboards and the chipset control every aspect of the build. Depending what you ultimately want to do can easier determine the board/chipset you will need.

Well Im shooting for a Evo pro series 500gb ssd with a hdd backup (haven't decided exactly what hdd yet, but nothing special there). Not planning on SLI, although I will be overclocking video card, cpu and ram. Main use is gaming, would like quad channel ram and as many sata ports as I can get but not concerned about that really.

I've seen the MSI boards are closest to that color scheme but the ASUS boards seem so much better. Just wanna make sure I don't get an inferior mobo for the beast of the card that's going in it. Thx for help.

:D

Hello friend, thanks again for helping me through this build I have in mind. What exactly do you mean by platform tho?

Processor Ill decide upon once I have mobo Selected
32gb 1600(O.C.) ddr3 ram
500gb ssd
1tb hdd
1000W power supply
Gtx Titan video card
Liquid Cooling

Are you needing more info?

You need to decide the motherboard and processor together. Personally, I would get one of Gigabyte's GA-Z87X motherboards and a 4770K.

That processor is epic! Not decided on what platform of processor I am going to go with yet tho, I am very much leaning towards those GA-Z87X mobo's tho and they are not the appropriate socket. My biggest issue with the 2011 socket mobo's is that they do not look "flashy" enough. The 1150 sockets that have been out for a while LOOK so much better. I'd love to have the 2011 cpu socket procs but the mobos look so... plain.

Last edited:
Any board with a single 16x PCIe slot will "handle all the Titan can throw at it"... just pick one that matches your color scheme is all. Since you do not know what CPU you are going to use, we cannot help with a board choice at this time. Pick the CPU and we can pick a board.

Thank you for the listing earthdog.
I've narrowed it down to these two boards, they seem relatively the same performance wise, wanted to know what every1 else's input was on them. The intel board seems like it may be problematic from the reviews, does anyone know anything about that board?

Gigabyte board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128592

Intel Board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m1132X509988Xa3407b2999be83e41918e193b859fbc9 I enjoy this color scheme much more as there is a lot more blue showing, not to mention the sweet skull graphic, just not sure if this board will give me problems or not.

Intel boards are MEH, historically. And no way in hell would I pay $280 for an Intel board considering all the other options out there.

like EarthDog said they will have the same performance, looks are all that matter really, though if you plan to OC i have heard in the past intel boards haven't been awesome for overclocking, but that could have changed since then.

I would purchase the GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87. Gigabyte has a good 3 warranty and people have had service with them.:popcorn::cool:

Back