• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue Screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nywal

Hello to all

My query is about the XW4400X/E2 HP Workstation, Windows 7.

This machine asked for the Password which I did not have.

I downloaded Windows (W7) Password Reset and loaded that onto the Workstation.

When it started I pressed F2 (it should have been F9).

I tried to stop the process by attempting to eject the DVD, that I think, is when the Blue Screen appeared.

A warning showed and mentioned 'Dumping' and shutting down to avoid damage. It also said on next startup to press F8 in order to start in Safe Mode.

As there is no important Data to save I wonder whether it may be safer to do an Full Image Install once in Safe Mode. I am only guessing as I would not know the procedure at that point.

Can someone please give me detailed info on how to safely get this machine working.

Many thanks to everyone.

Nywal :thup:

We need some info before we can be of much assistance. In the second red box we just need the part without the parenthesis.

bsod-stop-error.jpg

Also, let's get full system specs. Like in my signature.
There are a lot of different models of XW4400 HP machines and I can't seem to get specifics past that.

Hello, Thanks for responses.

Information such as Motherboard and Processor I could get by opening the machine.

For the Error Code 'Second red box', I would need to turn the computer on. Would that info show up on its own or would I need to carry out some action.

I could not get the PC to boot.

When I switched on I get this message. 'Your computer was unable to start'. 'Startup Repair is checking your system for problems'. 'Do you want to restore ................... .

'Starup Repair can .......................... .

At bottom are those little boxes with RESTORE CANCEL

Bottom left hand corner V02. 03

At bottom F9 BOOT F10 SETUP F12 NETWORK

Another window shows Launch Setup Repair (Recommended)

Start Windows normally

ENTER = CHOOSE

Each time I switch off, on Startup I press variously F9, Next Startup F10, Next Startup F12, trying to get it to Boot.

I always get the same messages, the UP/DOWN keys do not work, so I could not select, for example 'Start normally'

When the Blue Screen first appeared, it said use F8 for Startup.

I started the PC again, and began to press F8.

The 'Windows loading files' appear, and after a while, in the bottom left of screen

C\X:windows (along with windows three little 'Boxes' for Minimise, Expand, X

Hope this helps

Back