• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blue screens new cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggie

hi i just got a new cpu and psu the cpu is amd fx-8320 8core BE and the psu is a Coolmax Power Supply ATX 700 Power Supply - ZX-700 and ever since i installed them i have been getting crashs it doesnt show the bluescreen but i get the msg that i had a blue screen when i log back on and as far as i can tell it happens when im usually playing a game doesnt matter if its demanding game or not but sometimes it will let me play for hoursss or all day and not happen then sometimes all of a sudden bam it just shuts down so any help would be awsome. and this is the psu and cpu i had before i switched and it all ran fine then. Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w Power Supply (RS500-PCARD3-US).AMD Phenom II X4 965 AM3 3.4Ghz 512KB 45NM 125W 4000MHZ ..............and this is the rest of my build ...Corsair XMS3 4 GB 1333MHz PC3-10666 240-pin DDR3 Memory X2....

Gigabyte AM3+ AMD DDR3 1333 760G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Motherboard GA-78LMT-USB3

EVGA GeForce GTX660 2048MB GDDR5 192-Bit and if u need more let me know any help would be awsome im a little worried dont want my new pc to **** up

Makes answering about an AMD cpu easier. Especially when we cannot see your monitor screen.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU Core Temps; which are n0w called Package Temps, fully visible.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

ok here we go i think i got this right... cpuz.png

cpuzzz.png

cpuzzzzz.png

cpuzz.png

cpuzzzzzzzzz.png

sorry if thats not how i was supposed to do it hope it works tho? :D

If that 63° C temps is while the CPU is idle, that's way too high. Double check your CPU cooler installation.

Edit: Looks like that's under load, assuming that's what the 100% means.

If that 63° C temps is while the CPU is idle, that's way too high. Double check your CPU cooler installation.

Edit: Looks like that's under load, assuming that's what the 100% means.

yea it was under full load for about 20 mins when i took those

Welcome to the forum ziggy
I'm with the coyote on this. What type of case do you have airflow is very important with these chips. And that mobo is probably overheating. Very weak VRM section and if no air they overheat.

Welcome to the forum ziggy
I'm with the coyote on this. What type of case do you have airflow is very important with these chips. And that mobo is probably overheating. Very weak VRM section and if no air they overheat.

im not sure exaclly wat its calledbut i have a stock cpu cooler but the cpu isnt overclocked so i would think it would be fine and i have the back fan and a fan right on the side that blows straight into the cpu/heatsink fan and all the air coming out of the fans is fairly cool so idk?

What case do you have, what fans do you have, how many, and where are they placed?

I suspect the BSOD is from overheating motherboard components shutting down. That motherboard has a 4+1 VRM section which simply will not support an FX-8xxx

What case do you have, what fans do you have, how many, and where are they placed?

I suspect the BSOD is from overheating motherboard components shutting down. That motherboard has a 4+1 VRM section which simply will not support an FX-8xxx

um im not sure wat case its a cheap one but it has a vent on the side at the bottom and right above it straight out from the cpu/heatsink it has a fan slot which i have a fan on blowing inward toward the cpu/heatsink and that is the only fan besides the fan on the rear blowing out so does that mean that i need a new mother board to run this cpu or just better cooling?

Most likely both a better motherboard and better cooling.

well im on a tight budget so could u maybe sugest a good mobo ? and u say probably so is it sure i need a new mobo or just alot better cooling?:bang head

First thing first, that thing has to get cooled down.
My first move would be a new case with a proper fan setup.

my first thought is can this motherboard support the FX 8320 ...... GA-78LMT-USB3

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4305#dl

AMD 760G + SB710 Chipset
4+1 Phase CPU Power design for AMD high TDP 125W CPU support

** To enable AM3+ AMD FX-Series CPU support, please update your motherboard with the most current BIOS found in your motherboard’s download section.

I assume that you have updated the new drivers for your motherboard.

Each BSOD should give you a specific error message that is your clue to deciphering where the issue is but it sounds like you have automatic restarts on.

Hit the "Windows Key" and "Pause Break" at the same time. The system properties window should appear. From the list on the far left hand side of the screen choose the option for Advanced system settings.(#1 Below)

This will pull up the System Properties tab. Along the top there are five tabs. Make sure "Advanced" is selected (#2 Below)and then choose "Start up and recovery settings" towards the bottom of the page. (#3 Below)

On the "Startup and Recovery" page make sure the box entitled "Automatically Restart" is unchecked. (#4 Below) Now you can see what is actually going on.

The BSOD will tell you what caused the crash.

Attachments

• startandrecover.jpg
    startandrecover.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 83
Ok so my opinion is that you are getting crashes because you PSU is DEAD.... Look at your 12v,3,3v,5v...

12v: 8.064V
5v: 2.822v
3.3v: 2040v

That is wayyy under acceptable +- 5% range...

Ok so my opinion is that you are getting crashes because you PSU is DEAD.... Look at your 12v,3,3v,5v...

12v: 8.064V
5v: 2.822v
3.3v: 2040v

That is wayyy under acceptable +- 5% range...

It may not be...that program used to report similar wacky voltages on my Gigabyte board. Best to use a voltmeter to be sure.

It may not be...that program used to report similar wacky voltages on my Gigabyte board. Best to use a voltmeter to be sure.

Agreed ^^^^^^^^ I receive all kinds of wonky volt readings on my Giga Board, my volt meter confirmed my PSU was fine.

Unfortunately we have seen issues like this before:
underpowered motherboard + power hungry Fx-8xxx = :bang head

It sure sounds like it's a combo of heat and the low powered board causing the issues.

him to insta

I agree, but the dude may not have voltmeter in his hands so i would suggest him to install Aida or some other program to check his voltages, and than if they are all messed up again (I guess in that case 99% psu is dead) he need to find voltmeter to be 100% sure...
So man download Aida and post some screenshots :thup:

Back