• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blue screens new cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok so my opinion is that you are getting crashes because you PSU is DEAD.... Look at your 12v,3,3v,5v...

12v: 8.064V
5v: 2.822v
3.3v: 2040v

That is wayyy under acceptable +- 5% range...

If the voltages were that low, the computer wouldn't boot.

If the voltages were that low, the computer wouldn't boot.

Maybe, but that readings gives him a clue that something is wrong...Psu or program readings.... So he need to download Aida at least and check his voltages again...

Maybe, but that readings gives him a clue that something is wrong...Psu or program readings.... So he need to download Aida at least and check his voltages again...

Or use a volt meter that's known to be accurate.

well i used hwinfo 64 and it is showing them at what they should be for the 12v its like 12.2xx volts and the others are the same they are right where they need to be as far as the 12v 5v and 3.3v

well i used hwinfo 64 and it is showing them at what they should be for the 12v its like 12.2xx volts and the others are the same they are right where they need to be as far as the 12v 5v and 3.3v

Well that is a good news...99% your PSU is fine...

I did not ask you do you have the latest BIOS?

**To enable AM3+ AMD FX-Series CPU support, please update your motherboard with the most current BIOS found in your motherboard’s download section.** Thats from your mobo web site warning...

According to your mobo site you can use your CPU since BIOS version F3.....................So check that out

Last edited:
Micro ATX Motherboard GA-78LMT-USB3 << of course those of us that have been helping with the FX series of processors are very familiar with the 4 +1 VRM motherboards just not being up to the task with the 8 Core FX processors.

The cpu temp does not have to be too high for the VRM protection circuit to throttle the cpu down to keep the VRM from getting too hot. The VRM just got too hot supplying power to the 8 core processor. But he is getting a BSOD that is not set to be seen, and then he gets the AUTO REboot. He is not saying his multiplier is changing.

In these situations where it is possible for HeaT to be the issue, most of us suggest to remove the side cover and use a house fan to blow air into the case and then test to see if that has helped to stop the issue. Then we are pretty sure that HeaT is the problem. I keep a 14inch box fan from Lowes on hand just to test computers for such problems.
RGone...

^ +1 Already mentioned in post #7

Kman good deal. He does not even have a signature. So it makes it where one has to almost go back to the first post to find out anything and then skip the rest to get back here. Hehehe. Oh well. Such often is life when you try and help someone.
RGone...

Back