• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

board for athlon620 oc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

charly9

Registered
hi, just bought a new computer with Athlon II Quad 620 & Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H. now, I still have an option to change MB to one of the following:
Asus M4A785D-M PRO
Asus MDA78TD-V EVO
Gigabyte MA785G-UD3H
Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H

what do you think? should I change to one of the above? would there be a difference should I go and overclock?
thanks

:welcome: to OCF!

I would look at the manuals for the boards to see what OC'ing options you get with them. (Both manufacturers have on-line manuals you can download.) The one that is often missing is cpuNB control, both multiplier and voltage, so if possible get a board that includes those cpuNB options in BIOS ...

i dont know about its overclocking ability, but the 785G chipset is according to AMD the best chipset for a Athlon II, but i dont know if that applies to overclocking or not...

thanks guys.
to QuietIce: I looked at manuals, and all Gigabyte boards has cpuNB control. don't see much of difference between them. guess I'll just stick with the original offer.
to TheQuadFather: all boards metioned are 785g, but thanks anyway.

Back