• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BOINC is sucking wind....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morpheus

Grandfather of Crunchers Senior
:mad: :mad: It really really really pisses me off that I have had so many problems with the BOINC core... :mad: :mad:

My stats have been sucking 'causeI lost a bunch of WUs due to core 4.09 errors "Can't Validate -- Missing File" results... well after fixing the core on all my systems--and not changing anything--yesterday's outagge resulted in most of my 2 days production (with 4.13 core) reading "Can't Validate -- Missing File" errors... on five different machines, sending results from different locations, networks and etc.... or "Download Error"...

:mad: DID I MENTION I AM PISSED????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :mad:

Last edited:
Me too but I left the clients at default settings, only two WU's are cached on my main rig. This way I won't loose many when Berkeley's down again and I simply turn my rigs off in that case...

Know the feeling, I lost a couple of days production last week to the same thing. Been running pretty steady this week though, I realy don't understand these missing file errors though. Mine occured on my dual xeon unit at the same time two or three other wu's came out good?

I guess I got lucky. I only lost 8 WU's to the "Cannot Validate - Missing File" issue, but still that's a 1/3 my daily production. :(

For some reason your result did not match the other two which made your result invalid. I have had a few of these, also. There does not seem to be a way of finding out what the difference was in the validation comparison.

Validate state = Invalid
-

Morpheus said:
This just gets better.... here's another interesting situation... I got several of these too it seems... http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/workunit.php?wuid=3363156 :bang head

My system is the one that got 0.0 credit... WTF?

That royally sucks Morpheus. :(

It's too bad that the BOINC Seti people can't pull their heads out from their rear ends to stop these errors from happening. :temper:

Back