• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BOINC status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like we dropped to 11th.

Well I hope to start seeing my pending credits start turining into granted credits. Over 2200 of the things just sitting around waiting to be verified. You'd think with the WU shortage there having they would just send out some repeat units to speed up the verification process.

Over the weekend I'll convert my brothers PC over to BOINC, and get my parents as well.

One Thing To Remember

As one of the Team's current statsmen I have spent quite a bit of time these last few months reading about, studying, researching other team's statsmen's ideas, and whatever else to try and make sense out of the new system and come up with some meaningful method of providing you folks with a good reliable stats report, and you know what? It don't look promising!

First of all this new system is so fluid and volitale. There is no fixed values which makes direct comparisons difficult. Then there is this whole thing that your credit for work you have done is totally dependent on two other individuals performance. If one of those two other people gets fed up and leaves the project your work could be tied up for up to 4 weeks before you see and Official award of credit. That is going to make daily performance tracking meaningless. And right now, at the very beginning the stats numbers are really in an uproar. Just in the time it took to type this post we have went from 9th to 10th to 11th then back to 9th and I haven't checked in the last minute so now we might be 20th, who knows.

My point in all this is enjoy your SETI experience for whatever you get out of it. And take the stats provided by Berkeley for whatever entertainment value they provide, but remember that the days when you could use SETI performance as a reliable gauge of how your systems were performing compared to other systems is pretty much a dead issue.

One Very Sad Statsman,
SkyHook

We are still # 10. BOINC seems to run a bit more stable now. Anyway I have received WU. And if you look at #1 Overclocker UK - I would say that they have too (as they hold #1 spot with almost 40000 points lead on #2 :attn:

What did they do, take a snap shot of the SETI teams, and transfer it over? Seems kind of pointless.

Has the switch been made 100% or is the old S@H still up and running?

I wish you guys luck, and hope you can get a good jump start, and get up into the top 3 rather quickly.

{PMS}fishy said:
What did they do, take a snap shot of the SETI teams, and transfer it over? Seems kind of pointless.

Has the switch been made 100% or is the old S@H still up and running?

I wish you guys luck, and hope you can get a good jump start, and get up into the top 3 rather quickly.

Yes they tranfered all the teams.

S@H is still running. But will be shout down in near future.

We WILL be in the top 5 or even top 3. In Seti 1 we were a top 5-10 producer of all teams. (I have been here 1 year. When I joined OC.Setiteam were at # 21. In one year we are at #14!) So we have a very strong team - if they all chose to join BOINC.

Dk Jedi Allianc said:
Yes they tranfered all the teams.

S@H is still running. But will be shout down in near future.

We WILL be in the top 5 or even top 3. In Seti 1 we were a top 5-10 producer of all teams. (I have been here 1 year. When I joined OC.Setiteam were at # 21. In one year we are at #14!) So we have a very strong team - if they all chose to join BOINC.

Well I use to be on the team, I made it into the top 50 and then decided to beat on some of the forum members over in folding. Im now a Top 15 Folder, and a Top 10 producer. Anwyays you guys should be able to be a top team no problem, especially if you get everyone to come over to Bonic rather quikly. I do belive the reason OCSETIteam never made it super high in the ranks was due to starting after some of the other teams had formed, and gain a large lead. The team sure did pull hard and climb the ranks rather quickly. My point being, get to the top now, and hold on tight, no need to move up ranks, if there in no higher spot to go, if you catch my drift.

Go take that number one spot, I know the team is capable of doing so. Now make it happen.

We're gonna be one of the top teams, there's no questions about it. Look at how many people in our team haven't got a single credit, just wait until everybody switches to Boinc. We'll be climbing real fast!

Those XP Pentiums are exceptional, but you do have to remember to keep their little rubberband motors wound just as tightly as possible. For those who haven't mastered the trick of creating XP Pentiums, what you do is take an old 166 Pentium and any XP and duct tape them together, then with a really big hammer you strike the package one time firmly right in the center, now place all the pieces & the hammer in a brown paper bag and twirl it above your head while dancing and screaming like a chicken. Leave it for 24 hours and presto chango you got an XP Pentium!

Happy Fourth Everyone!
SkyHook
:eek:

So what kind of socket does it use? XP, Pentium, either, or neither? I've got an old P90 laying around that might see some modding, so long as it's not crucial the Pentium actually be a 166... :cool: :D

JigPu

JigPu said:
So what kind of socket does it use? XP, Pentium, either, or neither? I've got an old P90 laying around that might see some modding, so long as it's not crucial the Pentium actually be a 166... :cool: :D

JigPu
SGA - smashed grid array

JigPu said:

JigPu

TC is always staying right on the cutting edge of technology with his advice, and while his suggestion is perfectly acceptable I have always had good luck just using any old "ARGYLE SOCKet". Not only provides the necessary connections but does a really fine job of containing any small bits that escape the grasp of the duct tape over time.

I ain't signing this post - it's shameful!

hallen said:
Getting this message. Is this just a passing phase? If so, how often should I retry?

Thanks

Harvey

You have not switched over to bonic yet? I figured you would be one of the first.

hallen said:
Getting this message. Is this just a passing phase? If so, how often should I retry?

Thanks

Harvey

This is one of the problems they have had. Their HW could not meet the demands for work. They have made some upgrades to improve performance. Just keep trying - WU will come.......

Back