• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Botched McAffee Uninstall. This is why I hate OEM PCs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

:mad::mad::mad::bang head:bang head:argue::rain::rain:

My god damn HP laptop had a trial of McCrappee on it and when it expired I went to unintall it, and the uninstall botched. Now I still have the icon in my task bar and it keeps popping up saying my subscription has expired.. but there's no program there. The unintaller lists no "components" to remove any more. It's just left behind a shell of a program.

Because McCrappee is still "There" the system won't let me turn on Windows Defender which is really pissing me off and the popups from my defunct McAfee are really pissing me off too. I want to throw this laptop in the garbage and burn it right now...

:mad::mad::mad::bang head:bang head:argue::rain::rain:

My god damn HP laptop had a trial of McCrappee on it and when it expired I went to unintall it, and the uninstall botched. Now I still have the icon in my task bar and it keeps popping up saying my subscription has expired.. but there's no program there. The unintaller lists no "components" to remove any more. It's just left behind a shell of a program.

Because McCrappee is still "There" the system won't let me turn on Windows Defender which is really pissing me off and the popups from my defunct McAfee are really pissing me off too. I want to throw this laptop in the garbage and burn it right now...

Try what was suggested and if no luck I've had great success with Revo Uninstaller. I've never used on a proprietary
HP, Dell, etc., so I don't know what the results would be. Certainly can't be any worse than what you have now

Back