• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

brand new 160GB hard drive $40 at Frys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CosmicGrooves

Registered
I saw the ad in the newpaper while using the restroom at work. There was the Maxtor 7200 rpm 8mb ATA100 and the Maxtor 7200 rpm 8mb SATAII/300. The regular price on the tag at Frys said about $85 or something but the big yellow tag said $39.99.

I feel this is a great deal! I also got the very last SATAII drive. There were still lots of the ATA100.

It's a Maxtor Basics SATA II/300 retail harddrive box.

I"m upgrading from Maxtor 80gb ATA133 8mb, so this is a nice deal to me.

Same hard drive at Newegg is $60 shipped.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822144190

Last edited:
Which Fry's location? I'm 10 minutes from the Duluth and Alpharetta locations in GA, but deals don't always include all stores.

It's cheap, but I don't care much for Maxtor anymore. Especially with the thrashing my HDs take.

The newspaper made me think any Fry's. It didn't specify a specific one. There are a couple Fry's around here and I just went to the closer one.

I've used Maxtor for years, and they work great for me. Had 20GB, 40GB, 80GB and now a 160GB. I've had my 80 for about five years, maybe.

I'm in Texas.

i super HATE how I don't have one by me... and I live in NY metro area... everything is usually here!!!!!!

Smitty1258 said:
order online?

Jon on 4/5/2007 said:
Deal ends after today.

My local Fry's has the 400GB Seagate for $99.99 though. Others may too.

Fry's B&M does not follow online orders via Fry's.com/Outpost.com and vice versa. They are somewhat separate entities.

Back