• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brother MFC vs Epson L-series Printer Which is better for me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coolvaibh2012

Registered
Request to mods: As i am not sure where exactly this question belongs so please categorize it correctly!!

Hello everyone,

I have decided to buy an all in one printer at last. After a lot of googling and reading numerous reviews i finally narrowed down to two brands. First is Brother and second is Epson. I had also sorted out some models out of it but since i am not having more knowledge about printers so i am asking you people. First, let me describe my requirements.

I want an AIO printer (preferably Inkjet as Lasers are way too costly) for purely home use. I want the print quality to be extremely superb. I also need the printer to be almost perfect in photo printing.

So these are my choices-

Brother MFC-J430W
Brother MFC-J625DW
Epson L210
Epson L350
Epson L355

I had narrowed down to these five models and you people can easily guess what are my requirements. Also i want to state that FAX is not a necessary thing for me. I just want my prints to be lifelike and alive (Color or Grayscale).
So which printer out of above stated five models shall i go for?

Also i want to know something regarding Brother printer models i stated above. I know that both of them are not CIS factory fitted so-----

1. If i use a CIS in Brother (with local inks) after an year's warranty then will there be any obvious and visible loss of quality for color prints as well as photo printing?

2.If i use CIS in Brother models and instead of using local inks i use Epson Inks (meant for Epson's CIS models) or any other branded inks in it will there be any loss to print heads or quality of prints?

3. Will these Epson inks still clog Brother printer's print heads like third party inks available in market?

4. Are there any other branded inks available which can be used in CIS for Brother?

So fellow readers, as you can see, i am a total noob to printers. I request you to help me decide which model shall i opt for. Many of professional people at my place are using Brother MFCs along with third party CISs and they recommended me to go for it. But as i am from India and people here are not as much technically aware as that of the people from other countries so i am seeking your help in deciding about this.

Thanks in advance.....

Can't say I have experience with any of the above. I have a Brother MFC 290 which I've been using for home printing for about 10 years, whenever they were first introduced. It still prints very well, even photos, and the individual color cartridges are fairly inexpensive. I've not had any problems with it, just do the head cleaning ritual when I change cartridges. My 2 cents.:cool:

Back