• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD Issues - Need help with how to troubleshoot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n0aH

Hello : )

It has been quite some time since I posted here (years actually), and I am hoping you knowledgeable people can provide some guidance with an issue I am having.

I have been getting random Blue Screen of death restarts on my desktop for about a year now, and would like to know how to go about troubleshoot it. The error code the BSOD gives is a generic code, and only searching says to simply reinstall windows, which I did and that did not resolve the problem.

The error (STOP) code that the BSOD gives me is 0xc000021a.

Also, I do not get this issue when I am simply browsing the internet. The last two times this happened I was

1.) Browsing the internet and listening to music at the same time.
2.) Installing a game on steam

My Computer is listed below.

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz
RAM: 16GB Corsair
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
SSD: 128GB Intel
HDD: Old 1TB Seagate drive

Please let me know if you need any more information, and how I can start to troubleshoot this. I don't want to have to buy a brand new computer because of this issue, but I don't know how to narrow this issue down.

Thank you all so much!

Last edited:
^^ It seems like there is a hardware issue here, because this issue has persisted over the course of 3 OS installs ( Win7, then Win 8, now Win 8.1).

I am more looking on advice on what steps to take on how to troubleshoot the hardware to determine what piece is causing the issue. Thank you!

Back