• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD OC'd 975 BE @ 4.0GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hope it all works. I'm running prime 95 right now and my temps are in the 30s. The room our work bench is in is very cool since we do all our machine tests there. If it passes here, then I'll assume that the temperature in my bedroom is just too warm. I idle around the 40s and 50s.
You say that it idles at home in the 40's and higher? If that is the case, the addition of a higher temp GPU could push the temps into BSOD land by itself. That proccessor should idle in the low 30's at 4.0 with it never surpassing 56 during Prime testing. Cores begin dropping out at anything higher and electromigration is pretty extreme beyond that temp. Perhaps you need a second fan on the 212 evo to sustain 4.0. Could you post a pic 5 minutes into Prime with Hardware Monitor running so we can see voltages and temps?

YoChicken, what UL/UR (RU backwards) codes are there on the PSU labels?

That should determine the OEM which then leads to a conclusion on if you really need/will want a new PSU or not.

Back