• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building my first computer... i have questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My work blocks Photobucket so I know how it feels... I was using tinypic. Do you know a site that works for you?

@Scott - I think your right. Hopefully.

I will be going home for lunch shortly and will check it out there. You can have this site host it though if you would like. Just when you are replying, click on Go Advanced, and then manage attachments and add them there.

an extension for what? what plugs into the other side?

Alright earthdog ill do that from now on

Scott and Earthdog - Thanks for all your help (on all of my threads)

Help me try to figure this one out:

2) I got everything connected to the best of my knowledge and plugged the power in to the PSU and when I did there were a few lights on the Motherboard and the LED on the front panel was red (indicating the machine was off). When I pressed the front power button nothing happened. I checked and rechecked that I have all off the connectors in the JFP1 slot correct and I do. Is the JFP2 slot not used or is there a power cord that needs to plug in there? If I am totally off on how I think to solve this then let me know.

Pictures of my Motherboard

Never a problem... :)

Regarding #2, look at the manual for your board and your case so you can be sure you are matching up neg to neg and pos to pos.

Your manual will also have that info on JFP2. The power swtich, hdd led, reset sw should all be on one of those JFP's though I believe.

I used the manual and it told me where to plug in the connectors into the JFP1 slot. I have unplugged then and plugged them back in about four times.

Also, when I turn on the powersupply there is a green light that lights up a power button on the motherboard. When I click the power button everything seems to turn on for about 5 seconds then shuts off... idk if that helps

Ill post what the manual says under.

Check the case manual to see which side of the wires are neg/pos... that is if you havent tried flipping it around already.

Now Im wondering if you have the right Front Panel ports..... Those may be for AC96 sounds and HD audio and not the power.....

I have the AC96/HD Audio plugged into the correct spot (bottom left corner of the mobo)
As far as power... yes the fans spin for 5 seconds... the ones plugged in but the PSU dosnt power on
it seems like the Mobo gets a small charge and when that power is hit the charge is released (the small power button on the mobo not the one on the front)

You are corect, those are for power... Here is what your manual says about them. Now you need to make sure that the wires are correct as far as neg/pos orientation...

You did install the motherboard on those small brass screws that raise the mobo off the metal tray right?

Attachments

• jfpj.JPG
    jfpj.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 149
Yes I did that.

I fear that there are supposed to be connectors for JFP2 I just don't see them and thats why its not working correctly. I can check the connectors in JFP1 again and make sure -/+ are correct.

I get off work in a few hours and when I get home I will take all kinds of pictures. I know it sucks to be at work and try to troubleshoot.

ScottinIndy is there some way I can communicate with you later? Do you use an instant messenger or anything like that?

If not, i'll just bump this thread with pictures later.

Back