• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

buying a mechanical keyboard today.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anthonyg45157

I'm going to microcenter today to buy my first mechanical keyboard. I've narrowed it down to the corsair k70 and a ducky dk2108s.

Any opinions on these keyboards? I've decided to go with either brown or red cherry mx switches. Gonna try them out in store and see what I like most. The k70 has red switches and ducky has brown.

Thanks!!. Leaving for microcenter in 3 or 4 hours so need some opinions quickly.

I think reds don't provide enough resistance for heavy typing. Browns are a sweet spot, in my opinion, as long as you don't prefer clicky switches and Ducky is a solid manufacturer, so I'd lean that way.

EDIT: Give them both a try (and any others they have there as well). I have a friend you just grabbed a new KB with mx-greens (clicky and a lot of resistance) and I actually really liked it, despite all of mine being browns, so it's definitely just personal preference.

Last edited:
What's your typical usage? Gaming, typing, or a mix of both?

Mostly gaming. However when I do type I want it to be a good experience. I've heard reds are easy to make mistakes

The guy at microcenter thought the same thing, I bought the ducky! With brown switches... felt better to me than the reds. Blue was too loud for me

Blue has both an audible and tactile feedback, where the brown only has tactile.

The reds are great for gaming, but too light (and don't have the necessary tactile feedback) for typing.

Grats :)

Blue has both an audible and tactile feedback, where the brown only has tactile.

The reds are great for gaming, but too light (and don't have the necessary tactile feedback) for typing.

Grats :)

Thanks for your help! I feel like I really wanted the k70 but couldn't find brown switches anywhere local. so many people commend ducky on their keyboards so they can't be wrong :)

Back