• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying a Motherboard Diagnostic card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

typci

Registered
I've learned a few things during my years of overclocking. But the most important things is: I would love to know what is going through the motherboard's head/bios, during the times it doesn't want to boot.

So I want to buy a motherboard diagnostic card, that will help me understand why the motherboard won't post, or why it reverting to defaults when it reboots, or anything else that would be of benefit to an active overclocker.

I'm looking for help and suggestions on how to select a motherboard diagnostic card, features and such.

Here is the situation:
I live in China, but I'm American, so my Chinese isn't great but I can talk to guys at the computer store and get what I need. We have a massive computer mall which is 3 separate buildings, each 5 stories tall with resturants to cater to the employees and customers, so it is so freaking awesome. You can get same day repairs of almost any kind of computer part. There is also another store about 5 stories tall, that specializes in small electronic componets like: individual ram chips, bioses, co-processors, and all the stuff you see inside your computer. You could literally build your motherboard and ram chips piece by piece. Freaking awesome. So I have these stores to shop at, or I can buy something for sale on ebay, so long as it from hong kong, taiwan, etc. Other places cost an arm and a leg to ship to china.

Thanks

Back