• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cable Modem/buy or rent?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was wondering for some days now why is this thread in this forum? o_0

I started it here, because I've been having problems with my internet connection that I use most importantly for gaming. Of course I use it for other purposes too but the quality/speed etc is not particularly important to me except for gaming (email,uploading photos,searching topics, and all) but in those and other similar uses of the internet for me anyway high speed performance is not so important. Meaning I don't download or upload big files so I'm not concerned about how long it takes etc, but I do play a lot of multi games and the internet connection quality is critical to a good on line gaming experience. In my experience one can win or lose based on the quality and speed of the internet connection. So to me in muti on line gaming we're very concerned about it, and as you can see there's plenty of experience and similar concerns. So I thought it was the right place.

Well I just got the Comcast installed, and all seems good. They replaced the coaxial cable from the pole to the house, because it was out of date etc, and got all working. The new cable modem seems fine.

So I'll use it and see what's what.

Motorola SB6120 cable modem

By the way I should mention that this Motorola SB6120 DOCSIS 3.0 modem seems just fine. All seems to be working good etc. I had read some reviews where peeps complained about a couple minutes wait for booting with this modem over their previous unit etc. I don't see any of that for myself. As soon as I start my machine and windows finishes booting the modem is working. So? I dont' know what was causing their problems. Maybe they were early adopters in their geo areas etc and things have changed or? But anyway I'm not having any negatives with the modem. It seems fine.

Back