• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can air cooled be doable with 2x295x2 in crossfire and a 3770k cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Some issues ->

Running a ridiculous graphical setup with the rest of your system being relatively ancient is kinda ridiculous.

What exactly are you doing? Gaming? 4x 4k monitors is laughable then. Theres no setup that will support that at this time.

Whole post sounds borderline trollish to be honest. Post EXACTLY what you're doing, what your budget is, what monitors you're looking at, what kind of watercooling setup youre willing to run, and if you're planning to upgrade the rest of that 4 year old pc.

edit: not trying to be rude, just trying to get you the best information you can get.

Last edited:
yea ik my system isnt the best as far as tech wise but im planning on overhauling it big time this summer which is why i want opinions, my ram is low and ik that when i get enough imma put a new mobo and ddr4 and a 5920k or something like that. these parts isnt cheap and water cooling is expensive in it self.

But heres my current specs for you

Motherboard - P67A - G45 Msi

Psu - corsair 750 watt Gold plated

Video card - gtx 680

Ram - corsair something 1333mhz

Cpu - intel i7 3770k 1155 socket

Hdd - 2tb WD 7200 rpm

SSD - samsand evo 840 500gb

Main Monitor - 32 inch insignia TV

Secondary - Aoc 16 inch monitor

Cpu cooler - stock intel cooler

Case - Coolermaster Elite 432 half tower i think

Thats my current specs

What i want to see out of this when im done

Mothorboard - MSI X99A XPOWER AC LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

Psu - CORSAIR AXi series AX1200i 1200W Digital ATX12V v2.31 and EPS 2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

Video cards - sli 2 way 980's or less likely single titan X or very least likely r9 295x2 single most likely not 2 cards

Ram - CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4-21300) Desktop Memory Model CMD32GX4M4A2666C16

Cpu - Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W BX80648I75930K Desktop Processor

HDD / SSD Will reuse maybe add more if money allows

Monitors - still looking not sure yet

Cpu cooler - want to do a full loop for my cpu, gpu's and maybe ram.

Budget well i figuring imma have atleast 2-3 k warped up in this

Last edited:
First off, if you're doing dual 980's, you're about 500W overkill.
Look at the EVGA SuperNova G2 750W or 850W, you'll save a TON of money.

Why Corsair Dominator? You're wasting money on a name brand.
Why watercool RAM? Again, waste of money.

Look at this list:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TRmXNG

Also, you're looking about $100 or more per GPU block, about $70 for a CPU block, $70 for a pump/res, about $100 in rads.

That said, you could easily reuse your SSD/HDD, so that saves some.

i dont like using evga psu i only use corsair, and how about fittings?

only mobo ive ever used is msi and i like msi it hasent failed me yet

Ram like i said ive only used corsair so ill stick to what ik is good and ive had experence with

i dont like using evga psu i only use corsair, and how about fittings?

only mobo ive ever used is msi and i like msi it hasent failed me yet

Ram like i said ive only used corsair so ill stick to what ik is good and ive had experence with

Well, by that statement you don't like the current best PSU's on the market.
10 year warranty, epic voltage regulation and ripple suppression, great component selection.

G.SKILL is well known in the RAM world and there's not a 100% price premium for it.

It's your money, I'm just trying to help you not waste it.

ill debate on the parts u layed out, but do u have a idea of best pumps resoivors and tubes and fittings and radiator or radiators if i wopuld need more then one?

yea but heres the question that isnt answered how many radiators do i need to coal 2 gpu's and will be a aggrasive oc cpu? and not to mention best fans for water cooling?

The radiator space question is answered in the stickies, I know that for sure. I'd be looking for 5.120 worth at a minimum.
Best fans depend on how much radiator and what radiators you pick.

Back