• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can anyone here mod BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ergnas

Registered
Hi. I have an Abit AI7, Mushkin lvl2 3500, and a 2.6C. I have a problem with most the BIOS' for this board. The standard voltage of 2.5v is not enough to power the low latency RAM, so whenever I have to do a CMOS clear, or a BIOS update I need to insert a poop stick of PC2100 to get it working before I can increase the voltage to 2.8 to then stick my Mushkins in there.

Can someone mod Abit AI7 BIOS 16 to either make the default vDimm 2.8v instead of 2.5v, or make the default latencies something like 3-3-3-8 so then I can at least get into the BIOS to then increase the voltage/lower the latencies. Thank you so much.

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/bios.php?categories=1&model=147

There is a link to BIOS 16. I would really appreciate if someone could do this. If you can could you please PM me or e-mail me to let me know you are doing it. I would greatly appreciate it.

Really? That is interesting...how do you have your RAM set up? How did you update your BIOS?

First thing I did was flash my mobo using the instructions on abit's site. I'm wondering if setting my RAM up in slots 2 and 4 makes a difference. Perhaps I got just lucky with my board.

My RAM didn't even work in 1 and 3, I have to use 2 and 4....I don't have an extra stick of RAM I can use to test if something goes wrong...so I have to be very cautious of what I do....

Back