• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I get more CPU OverClock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would first get some better cooling. What are you using now to cool it?

As mentioned 62C is the max package temps for an FX 8xxx, 70C max package temps for an FX 6xxx and 72C(?) max package temps for FX 4xxx CPU's.

Sure you can run it hotter, I run my FX6300 hotter than it should, but know that the CPU will fail and degrade faster at temps above 62C than it would under 62C ;)

I would say you COULD get more out of her, but I probably wouldn't push my luck without better cooling. You do have some wiggle room on the temperatures, but then you risk instability which will require even more voltage and in turn increase the heat a bit. I am known for maliciously assaulting my CPUs with work/temperatures and have good success doing so, but I understand the risks I am taking and fully intend to eat my loss when I do eventually kill this CPU.

Best of luck!

Back