• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Can I safely raise my P BE 165 Vcore voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bangwhiz

Below is a shot from HWMonitor idling at 3.9Ghz. ASUS M4A79T MB raises Vcore in .0125 increments. Max Vcore voltage I have seen idling is 1.50. If I add .0125 that takes it to 1.5125. Add another .0125 and it would be at 1.525.

Trying to get 4.0Ghz for the heck of it and my temps are very low on air running Prime95 - 46C. Core # 3 keeps failing running Prime95 over 3.903 with Vcore at 1.5 idling and like 1.48 under load. Appreciate anyone's input. Core # 3 is the culprit with a rounding error every time I push for more. Second snip is max cooling running prime95 and vcore under load

hwmonitor.PNG
3.9Ghz Temps running Prime95 fans on full speed.PNG

Last edited:
Cram the voltage to it and see what happens. None us know "for sure" if your silicon will like high voltage or not. I could only say that I likely would not run my 965BE at 1.525 for a really long time. That is me. Of course YMMV.

You must have ACC/CoreUnlocker/UCC or somethng enabled in bios or HWMonitor would be showing CPU CORE TEMPS.

So you are saying anything over 1.5 is pushing it correct? Even 1.5125? I grabbed an old snip for this post but core temps have never been an issue for me.

Ok, crammed it to it - 1.525 and still couldn't get 4Ghz running Prime95. Back to my original 3.903 OC. Thanks

Bangwhiz, didn't you just close another thread about this same system?

Yep, but I thought the question was a general question. I see where I made a mistake however. My intent was to ask what the general thinking was as to the maximum safe Vcore voltage on a 965BE. Reading many different places I gathered it was 1.55. However, when you were helping me you seemed to think 1.5 was it. I was just trying to get the consensus of what was generally regarded as the highest safe voltage. Didn't mean to infringe on the rules. I apologize for my mistake. I wasn't trying to pose the question just for my system - I was trying to learn the max "safe" voltage for any P X4 BE 165 system.

I also recognize temps are an issue to, so if you are at 65C regardless of your voltage, you shouldn't try to add more voltage.

Last edited:
Did you mean to say, P X4 BE 165"? Is there a 165 CPU?

My answer to your question about max voltage is based on what I'm comfortable for a 24/7 idle voltage which is 1.5. Under load I'm certainly not uncomfortable with 1.55 or even al little more but that presupposes an LLC supplement which you say you don't have.

Back