• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you recommend a solid mouse pad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deathhorse

Currently i use and ugly gelpad that is small. I want a decent mouse pad that tracks well i seen so many that i want someone that knows a little bit about quality pads. let me know guys/gals

+1 on the Razer scarab.
I liked the Mionix propus 380 for my NAOS 5000 mouse but my RAT7 wouldn't track at all on it..
What mouse are you using Deathhorse?

I have the Razer Vespula. I love it.
It's double-sided, so you can have the "control" [rough] or "speed" [smooth] surface.
It is a hard, one-piece plastic pad.

There is a separate rubber mat it sits on that has a wrist wrest which keeps the pad from sliding.

i have the logtiech g5 and the ideazon reaper edge. I was looking for something stiff, i would like to use this pad while i am in the living room too. More about that later.

http://www.amazon.com/ROCCAT-ALUMIC-Double-Sided-Gaming-Mousepad/dp/B004N868DS

It comes with a wrist rest that I don't use is two sided has rubber "corners". Had mine over a year and still goin strong made of aluminum. Vespula is okay too. However, it should be noted the wrist rest "settles" and over time the pad that holds everything still loses it's "grab"...also made of plastic. The one that I had the color started wearing off after a month.

http://www.amazon.com/ROCCAT-ALUMIC-Double-Sided-Gaming-Mousepad/dp/B004N868DS

It comes with a wrist rest that I don't use is two sided has rubber "corners". Had mine over a year and still goin strong made of aluminum. Vespula is okay too. However, it should be noted the wrist rest "settles" and over time the pad that holds everything still loses it's "grab"...also made of plastic. The one that I had the color started wearing off after a month.

3 years late, but better late than never eh? hahaha

edit: 40 dollars for a freaking mousepad?! :shock:

Forget all else, current sought after pads are the Artisan japanese pads offering superior quality to much of the market. Take a look at the Artisan Hayate.

Really comes down to your preference of cloth, plastic, etc. I recommend cloth myself and if you don't have the $$ to spend on an Artisan I would check out the PureTrak Talent as it offers better durability, is smoother, and offers better tracking than the famed SteelSeries QcK... Saying a lot since I can't think of a pad with near the same quality reputation as the QcK aside from Icemat.

Lololol, just realized the date of OP. Mother of necro.

Last edited:
Back