• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't boot with 2 DIMMs installed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bageland2000

So I just got new RAM and, like the old Patriot 1333, I cannot get my mobo to boot with two DIMMs in. I've used both channels, and manually inputed correct voltage, speed, timings. The computer will simply not boot. :bang head

Try getting and running Memtest. But I have had issues in the past booting my Dominator GT's UNLESS i was using the XMP profiles. which bites but trying to do a manual setup led to horrible instability. but make sure both sticks are good first

OK, I have a pretty tight water tube that runs a little close for comfort to my DIMMS slots. I won't be doing any more tests until I re-route the water and I don't feel like I may cause leaks just by installing DIMMs. Thanks for your patience, I'll post when I try some more suggestions.

What happens when you use known good memory?

Can you slow the command rate? That often helps when nothing else does.

Gold Memory occasionally reports errors missed by MemTest86/86+ (and the latter sometime report errors missed by Gold Memory).

Back