• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant decide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Both boards are very similar. They both have hefty power departments and pretty much the same connectivity. The one thing that makes the 890GX really stand apart (in my opinion) is the support for SATA3. Being able to connect to upcoming hard drives at full speed will make the board more future proof.

Also, the onboard video on the AsRock would be a little bit better, if ever you plan on using it. Same thing for the audio, as I personally prefer Realtek for onboard sound.

I never tried either board though, so I can't comment on the actual overclocking performances.

I hope that helps. Cheers! :)

:welcome: to OCF!

If you're going to use the integrated graphics (IGPU) I'd get the 890GX.

If you're not going to use the IGPU I'd get a 790X board instead of the 790GX. The Gigabyte GA-790X-UD4 line of boards (790X, 790XT, 790XTA) has a pretty good OC'ing history ...

thanks for help i was planning on putting in a gpu so igpu dont matter much to me. is the gigabyte 790x dual channel?

Last edited:
Back