• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't delete files or folders! Permissions won't grant!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desync

Tried to delete a few files from my c: drive where I have windows 7 installed.

Kept telling me I needed permission from trusted installer.

I changed owner if c: drive and all the folders in c drive to administrators. Gave admin full access, now it says I need permission from administrators to delete the files or folders.

I only have one user account which is my admin account.

I also tried to set the folders I wanted to delete from read only and it denied me.

Any other solutions?

Try deleting contents of folders first, then delete empty folder.

Follow a guide like this here. Change the owner from TrustedInstall to another user, make sure to "replace owner on subobjects and containers," and then give that new user full permissions to the file.

Follow a guide like this here. Change the owner from TrustedInstall to another user, make sure to "replace owner on subobjects and containers," and then give that new user full permissions to the file.

Tried that, no go. I have to do like mentioned above. Go inside ever folder and delete files then change permission on each individual folder inside that folder and delete the files then eventually delete th whole empty folder

Back