• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't enter BIOS on Asus z170 Deluxe. HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HELLRIK

Hi, I need help.

I'm building a new setup. I'm using the Samsung sm951 m2 harddrive and when trying to install windows it told me that windows could be installed on that harddrive. I found out that I probably have to do some changes to the BIOS to make the drive bootable but when I tried to change some ssd controller settings from 'sata express' to 'm2' and reset the computer i get an American Megatrend 'please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. When RAID configuration was buil, ensure to set SATA configuration to RAID mode. Press F1 to run setup'.

When I hit F1 absolutely nothing happens and screen goes black. I can then reset and do the same thing over. I have tried to us the clear CMOS, reset and bios flashback button with no change.

Now I'm stuck. I need to enter bios.

Please help me.

Confused...

How many of the m.2 drives do you have? Sounded like one but then you mention setting up raid?

So you can't get I to the bios now by pressing delete? Are you sure you are hitting it early/fast enough?

I only have one, and have never tried anything with RAID. When I start up I get to the American Megatrend screen first with the 'please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. When RAID configuration was buil, ensure to set SATA configuration to RAID mode. Press F1 to run setup'. No chance to hit del or F2. When I then press F1, it goes to black screen and nothing happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction. First I get the ASUS press F2 or delete to enter BIOS. No matter what I press I get to the American Megatrend page with the 'please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. When RAID configuration was buil, ensure to set SATA configuration to RAID mode. Press F1 to run setup' message. When I then press F1, I go to never ending black screen.

Correction. First I get the ASUS press F2 or delete to enter BIOS. No matter what I press I get to the American Megatrend page with the 'please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. When RAID configuration was buil, ensure to set SATA configuration to RAID mode. Press F1 to run setup' message. When I then press F1, I go to never ending black screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Solved

I would pull the reset CMOS jumper and the battery on the board for 10 minutes and see if that resets things.

Whoa... triple post? What's going on? LOL

EDIT: How did you solve it?

I pulled the battery and that gave me possibility to enter the bios and make changes I found here:

Thanks for the help :)

Back