• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Can't fit Water2.0 Extreme 1150 motherboard.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ljthemf

My motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130692
Cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106190

I had to do what this guy did because the 1156/1155 listed on the backplate would not line up with the 1150.

So, after doing in the video I thought everything was OK.... until I had to put the retention ring:

:(

Can I buy any compatible backplates and such? I can't return it now that I modified the backplate..

EDIT: here is a picture of what I need,

Last edited:
I have the same cooler and an 1150 board. The 1155 holes work just fine but the backplate isn't straight , it'll look a bit twisted when you have it lined up correctly.
I would check the orientation of your inserts in the retention ring, like I said mine lined up just fine.

I have the same cooler and an 1150 board. The 1155 holes work just fine but the backplate isn't straight , it'll look a bit twisted when you have it lined up correctly.
I would check the orientation of your inserts in the retention ring, like I said mine lined up just fine.

Ok I will try again, thanks.

Pay close attention to the #s on the edge of the little inserts. They come off but be carful the little clips will break. I swapped it from an AMD to the 1150 and had to swap them around so I found out the hard way.

Pay close attention to the #s on the edge of the little inserts. They come off but be carful the little clips will break. I swapped it from an AMD to the 1150 and had to swap them around so I found out the hard way.

I don't think it will fit at all, I have tried to reorient but it is not working, I'm getting results as the pictures I posted above..

I might be a bit ignorant as I haven't use it but are there other hole on that retainer????

That and if not, it only looks like .03 maybe needed and run a larger size drill through the retainer holes and reinstall the studs.

?

Just runing a drill a little larger through the retainer holes would give you some room to readjust the studs, as they looked the screw attaching type, and just a slightly large hole would give you room to move things around overall.

That, or slot em with a dremel, but I guess might be alignment problems on the other side you might have to match.

Just from the pics I can't help but think there are some other holes down there.

Thanks for the help yall, I manage to make it work, I did not know the screws on the retention ring could be flipped to be closer to the holes.

Back