• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Card transportation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

A rabid monkey

Registered
I need to transport my graphics card and was wondering what the best thing to transport it in would be. The box has lost a while ago.

Or...

It is an BFG FX5500 PCI (I know it is crappy but I have no room to upgrade). The cooling fan has needed to be changed because it has been making scratching noises. I am looking to buy a VANTEC CCB-A4P and am wondering if it would be compatible with my card.

Put it in a static bag, then wrap in bubble wrap and you will be good to go.

I'll be brutally honest... I've never actually used static bags when transporting anything across town. If I have somewhere to go with an individual part other than selling something, I'll usually stick it in my glove compartment or on the seat beside me, and I've yet to have any issues.

David_N said:
Put it in a static bag, then wrap in bubble wrap and you will be good to go.

I'll be brutally honest... I've never actually used static bags when transporting anything across town. If I have somewhere to go with an individual part other than selling something, I'll usually stick it in my glove compartment or on the seat beside me, and I've yet to have any issues.

Exactly what i do. Or you can use one those big yellow envelopes, it has bubble wrap inside the envelope.

toss it in the trunk of you car.. forget about it for 2 weeks rember it when its pouring *** rain outside run out and get it dust if off toss in in your pc and hope for the best? lol j/k i would bubble wrap or one of them bubble wrap mailing envlopes would be good..

Back