• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cardreader question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Stupid question I guess, but can memory cardreaders write data as well? Or just read?

Also I'm looking into buying this card:

SDCard Sandisk 1GB Ultra II

I can only get my hands on this card reader:

http://www.bestcom.nl/ex33_cardreader.html

Even though it supports 33 card types it seems that it doesn't support normal SD cards, only mini ones. Is that how it is or am I just reading it all wrong? Keep in mind that I'm newb when it comes to these stuff so I might be all wrong.
Thanks

Simple answer, yes. Card readers can also write. See the reader itself doesn't have any special mechanicals that write to flash memory or anything. Have you ever used a USB flash drive? Works the same way. Plug it in and it's like a whole new drive.

And yes, that card reader does support SD cards. I don't know how much that reader is but, I wouldn't drop the duckets on it if more than $20. Seriously, just pick up a simple 12-in-1 reader for $10-$15. That will more than cover your needs for quite some time.

I haven't even heard of half of those card types and I work for an online memory retailer.

Hehehe thanks mate, I was just like trying to make sure :) How is it that you knew that it supports SD cards? So I can look into the same thing with cheaper ones...

Back