• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Modding...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lightning[983]

Hi,

I found an extremly cheap case (like 25$ with a PSU) which i like, and decided to mod it... a lot...

So i need some suggestions... mainly about the positioning of lighting... coolers & similar stuff...

So here's the case... a Codegen:

Now, i have some issues with cooling on this case... here's what i'm planing on doing to the case:
1. On Pic3 Where the 80mm fan is located, i'm gonna cut the case so i can fit a 120mm fan there...
2. I'm not sure, but i'f it fits i would put a 120mm fan in the front part so it blows on my HDD's..
3. Paint the rear part red... the one that's not painted :)
4. Paint the entire interior of the case red...
5. Do some ducting, i'll optimize it with smoke or something... just to tweak it when it's done...

Now. I'm open for all kinds of suggestions...
And i'm also curious.. is using normal car paint OK for painting cases... will the paint wear off after a while ?? is there some kind of special procedure of doing it, or is it just spray and keep it drying for a while??

Also, i'm going for a blue neon - blue 120mm fans configuration...
I have found some cheap 120mm Fans from Thermaltake... Thunderstorm or something.. are they any good??

Also i found the neons from Sharkoon, are they good??
I don't have any expirience with Sharkoon... and generally with neons... do they heat up?? i mean do i want to put them in my case if they will just raise the temps... which i wanna reduce...

Also, i found some fan silencing rubber insulation from Sharkoon too, any good?
And AKASA sound insulation for the entire case.... good?

I'm planing on a CPU intake duct... but i don't know where to put it...
An oval windows is planned... do i put the intake in the rear or just in the middle of the plexiglass window?

I was thinking that when i'm cutting the back hole fro the 120mm fan i'll just extend it to the AGP slot... and duct the intake fan there... ?

I've sure managed to put a lot of questions in 1 post :)

And to conclude... what do you think of the color combination
Plastic covers - Black
Steel parts (outside and inside the case) - Red
Color of the neon lights and coolers - Blue

Thanx,
Tom

Attachments

• tricod-atx-6089-innen.jpg
    tricod-atx-6089-innen.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 92
  • tricod-atx-6089-seiten.jpg
    tricod-atx-6089-seiten.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
... Just curious, how do you expect to fit the 120mm into a 80mm slot? O_O

OK, i think it's fixed now :) I never posted pics here so...

I'm thinking of cutting most of the rear part of the case so i can fit it....

Last edited:
BTTB said:
... Just curious, how do you expect to fit the 120mm into a 80mm slot? O_O

he just needs to drill holes for the 120mm then cut a larger hole around the existing 80mm hole

prankstar008 said:
Looks like it has large modding potential

That's why i bought it :D
It's dirt cheap, and i think it'll look good when finished...

I'm planing on getting 4 120mm Thermaltake BLue led fans... doesn anyone have any expirience with them?? Mainly i mean are they quiet? 'cause i'm planing on a quiet computer...

Back