• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cases useable with D-TEK Pro-Core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it will fit in a pc60 also. just spent the last 2 days in akihabara measureing the pc60. it would require that you do a minor cut or 2 to move the extra HD rack out of the way

thorilan said:
it will fit in a pc60 also. just spent the last 2 days in akihabara measureing the pc60. it would require that you do a minor cut or 2 to move the extra HD rack out of the way
Indeed, but what i like in the V2000 is that most of the equipment sits alone in the lower portion, and *nothing* comes in the way of 5.1/4" bays.. well it's ideal. And rads can be placed optimally, and nothing stands in front of the mobo..
Understand that i am changing my case for a better one... Beating the setup of a YY cube is kinda difficult, IMHO YY make the best cases.

freshy98 said:
I asked him to messure the orange part and the orange+green part.
The reason for the left side is that the fan in the front is pretty useless to us.
we can use the 25mm for the heatercores and pump (depending on where we place the pump ofcourse).
Yes. I got reports from another buyer here, that 3.1/2" racks are screwed in, so they are easy to remove, which is a good news. I think i'll open up a hole in the wall in front of the PSU, and place the pump above the PSU itself, so the outlet points towards rads, and the inlet points towards the mobo (pump sitting on its back). That's just an idea, i'll see how i do it when i have everything. There's so much room that there are many options ;)

freshy98 said:
Btw: Have you ordered your case yet? I will have to wait untill I have money again.
Ha. The european release date is shifting :( and Lian Li officials are not very communicative on the matter.. V2000A is already available here, but price has climbed up (!!), anyway i want a V2000B (the black one), and it's still not available anywhere in EU :( I'm waiting for swzone to have them in stock before i make the order, which pushes the date back to 9th of July..
Anyway i'm waiting for the end of the month to get some money, as i'm also changing my GFX card to get a 6800GT... and a suitable waterblock for it.

freshy98 said:
Also the bayres is kinda hard to find.
I have a few addresses, try openjl.fr they have it in stock, there are shops in UK and Spain as well.

freshy98 said:
I won't be doing a Y split on the CPU and GPU waterblocks. I have a Cascade which has a high airflow so I am a bit scared it'll go wrong there. Or I should Y the water in the two heatercores and then use one heatercore per waterblock, and direct the exits of both waterblocks to the bayres.
Not really sure what I will do there...
Your last idea is the best i think. Pump -> Y -> then one rad per series of waterblock, put the Cascade alone in its loop, and trust me it will get *more* flow than in series with everything else. I tried it already ;) the difference is not subtle ! No i have *too much* flow for my small airtrap :-/

Surefoot, sorry for the late reply. I didn't get an e-mail that there was a new post here *grmbl*

That the 3 1/2" bay's are screwed in is indeed great! Sounds like the YY case which has everything screwed in too :)

I don't really understand you idea on the pump placement though. What wall in front of the PSU? please draw a picture of that if you can/want. I think it will be much clearer then.

Good thing those cases take a while. I have quit my job and started a new one on july 1st and the old job is a pain in the *** concerning payment and stuff. So that will give me some time to think things over and save money again.

I have found the bayres on http://www.extremecooling.co.uk and they ship to Holland. There is also a shop here in Holland and quite near where I live which has them too, but I need more info since the picture and the description don't match properly. I tried to contact him but no reply yet. Need to call him.

What I find strange is that when you Y the flow it flow 50% less water through each block. how can that be good???

freshy98 said:
I don't really understand you idea on the pump placement though. What wall in front of the PSU? please draw a picture of that if you can/want. I think it will be much clearer then.
Ah, i'll try ;)

freshy98 said:
What I find strange is that when you Y the flow it flow 50% less water through each block. how can that be good???
well it's 50% of *overall* flow, and overall flow is quite greater with less restriction. So say you have 40lph when in series, if you get 80lph in parallel, each branch will have 40lph.. In practice i've seen that in parallel flow is more than 2x the flow in series, maybe because of tube routing (less bends..), and maybe because my GPU block is quite restrictive. Also 50% is not quite exact, i set up my GPU + NB loop in 3/8", it's way more restrictive than the CPU loop which is all 1/2", i'd say the flow distribution is more like 75%/25%.. that's why i got more flow over my CPU than when it was in series

Anyway try both configurations, and see which one works best for you ;)

SureFoot said:
well it's 50% of *overall* flow, and overall flow is quite greater with less restriction. So say you have 40lph when in series, if you get 80lph in parallel, each branch will have 40lph.. In practice i've seen that in parallel flow is more than 2x the flow in series, maybe because of tube routing (less bends..), and maybe because my GPU block is quite restrictive. Also 50% is not quite exact, i set up my GPU + NB loop in 3/8", it's way more restrictive than the CPU loop which is all 1/2", i'd say the flow distribution is more like 75%/25%.. that's why i got more flow over my CPU than when it was in series

Anyway try both configurations, and see which one works best for you ;)

I have everything in 1/2" since my GPU block is a D-TEK Customs GPU cooler which has 1/2" by default.

So, when you Y the flow to the two heatercores, where do you from 1/2" to 3/8" to the NB and GPU blocks? Before or after the heatercore?

After, just because my heater core barbs are in 1/2".
And yet, with my next setup (Mobile 2600+ 45W / 6800GT) i think i'll go 1/2" all the way, since even with an overclocked 2600+ the 6800 produces more heat than the CPU !!

SureFoot said:
After, just because my heater core barbs are in 1/2".
And yet, with my next setup (Mobile 2600+ 45W / 6800GT) i think i'll go 1/2" all the way, since even with an overclocked 2600+ the 6800 produces more heat than the CPU !!

Yeah, that would a good idea :) what waterblock for the GPU and CPU are or will you be using?

CPU -> TC-4 (my current block), or Whitewater with copper top (if money allows)
GPU -> Either the new DangerDen 6800 block, if it's out soon enough, or a modded (to 1/2") alphacool GP-N with a custom hold down plate (it's just an aluminium plate after all)
NB -> Z-Block ;) no change

I have one of these and it fits a D-Tke Pro core perfectly in the 5.25 bays, you could put 2 on top of each other if you desire.

Nice but it will sacrifice most if all of the 5.25" bays which i need for opticals and HDD coolers, and the res...

Placing two on top of each other would also mean that routing the tubes is kinda weird. The shroud/fan would be in the way of routing them.

Could you make a picture of the it all? I am interrested in how it looks.

I was just saying the case has a lot of room, you can make a hole at the back top and mount a core there and put the PSU at the bottom. In dual loop setup you can have 1 core doing GPU+Chipset and 2nd doing CPU mounted in totally different sections of the case. The stacker is just so big it gives you a lot of flexibility. I have a very complicated plan for mine, includes a TEC water chiller and 8x120mm PAPST fans. Will be looking into expanding to a dual loop, one to cool the chiller and 2nd for the CPU+GPU+Chipset, may expand to 3 loop. I've already spent over $400 on equipment, not including the price of case. May take another 2 weeks for me to get everything setup, have to do a lot of custom shroud and bracket sheet metal work.

This is probably the best looking case for the space/flexability it offers. The power LED is darker green and the HDD led is blue :) no need for LED modding there, made me happier.

Here are some pictures on the bass pipes I want to use in the case.

bass01.jpg

bass02.jpg

bass03.jpg

Since the other side will pull the air in, these bass pipes can push the air out nicely I think.

Back