• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Catalyst 9.2 Anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have everything maxed in that game I can, with 1680x1050 res and I dont get any lag from water... ? Not on Makin or anything similar. Maybe its a crossfire issue, my single card works great.

I was talking about the white line that appears between where land and water meet. It will come and go, but if you don't see it just start moving and it will show up.

I've never noticed any lag, though, I'm on XP SP3. What are you on? I play at 1920x1200 with vsync on cause I can't stand the tearing.:bang head

Last edited:
hmm..nice i'm gonna install these tomorrow morning. not at home atm.
i'll run 3dm06, Vantage, Cod4 and Crysis.
it said 10 or 20 % increase for Crysis. i shall see. i'm still using 8.12 (no hotfix).
ill post results if i get them done.

Catalyst™ 9.2 brings performance benefits in several cases where framerates are CPU-limited. Some measured examples are:
• Crysis DX10 gains up to 20%
• Crysis Warhead DX10 gains up to 20%
• World in Conflict gains up to 5%

So don't expect too much.

I'm gonna try them out anyways, they seem to be much more promising than 9.1, which I skipped like the 8.12 hotfix.

I was talking about the white line that appears between where land and water meet. It will come and go, but if you don't see it just start moving and it will show up.

I've never noticed any lag, though, I'm on XP SP3. What are you on? I play at 1920x1200 with vsync on cause I can't stand the tearing.:bang head

Vista 64bit with vsync off.

Seem to work well with my sytem. Crysis, CoD4 and 5, Fallout 3 and GTA IV all see to play a little better (maybe 2-5 fps gain). GTA IV is an attrocious benching comparison, but I have noticed a small improvement over 9.1. Not as many crashes either, seems to have solved that for me. My only complaint is that the CCC and rivatuner never got along at all. I have had nothing but problems with CCC, like causing random crashes. Only being able to oc to 778 on the core? Seriously? Anyway, I am not trying to jack the thread, just telling you guys about my ati exploits. Have a good one.

LOLs, Rinne you killjoy :)

That wasn't what I planned.. ^^

Those high gains in CPU limited scenarios mean that they optimized the GPU/CPU communication a lot and took a lot of load off the CPU..

If that holds true, it is very probable that X-fire setups with a high amount of GPU cores should perform better.

dissapointed as usual.....

I have to run the 8.10 drivers so that my crossfire will appear in CCC, every newer driver makes it dissapear. Thought 9.2 might fix it, nope same old crap

What OS?

Dual 4850 xfire shows up for me under XP32, XP64, Vista x64, & W7 x64.

I uninstalled Cat 9.1 using the ATI Uninstaller, and it broke my RAID 1 array. :eh?: Currently rebuilding it, and then will give 9.2 a try. Ergh.

Edit: I still can't get anti-aliasing to work in GRID or Mirror's Edge. Works fine in Source games, and some ATI Tech Demos though.

Last edited:
Works just fine, more fps in furmark!
Resolved my gpu memory problems with 2 x hd 4670 1GB DDR3!

no increases for me.
i ran 3DDM06, Vantage (it coudlnt' finish. it got the 'not responding' for me.
also ran Crysis Benchmark in DX10 Very High. no performance gains, neither is there in Cod4.

maybe i have to acutally play the game to see gains in Crysis.
maybe i can oc a little higher. :)

Went to check a game and saw your "white line" it shows up as like 3 pixels at the most and only on the upper part of the wave. I just assumed it was foam wash, but it is a glitch. Nothing to be concerned about though, almost looked like a random alias edge.

I was reading the [H] review of the game, they said either a game patch or driver update would more than likely fix the problem. They agreed that it looked like an AA problem because turning it off fixed the problem. Also, the line is a lot brighter and solid on my system than it was on their screen shots.

I agree that isn't nothing to be concerned about, but its just annoying to look at when your playing and it keeps flickering on and off. Drives me crazy.

well mine run well but my clocks that i had set in the bios 800/1000 are now running at the default speeds 750/900...and the temp reporting went up 10*C for the core and 5*C on memory. and i lost the overclock function in rivatuner. still have fan control but no overclocking.

Back