• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CCb1E opteron VMPW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ANd what are the acceptable temps for opterons, like 50 load?...what is the burn temp...xpbartons were 85c...isn't this like 65c or smoethign? majorly though, what are the acceptable temps

I'll let you know today/tommorow i just got this chip. Someone with the exact same one and the same batch number as me is getting 3gig on 1.47volts. I can only hope.

i found a few sites, alot of em said 2.8ghz for ccb1e they say the upmw is much better tho oh well can't be perfect

My 165 CCB1E 0550VPMW is doing 2.85GHz on air. I am burning it in using the burn in guide, and then I hope for at least 2.9GHz, which would match my old 146!

max die temp is 70c right?? keep max load under like 55c? (opteron 170)

and... HTT and memory synched is a plus? yay nay?

WOW! Got this ccb1e up to 2.97ghz with 1.5 volts...(could it be long term stable with 1.525 or 1.55 volts??)...running prime but I actually got up to 3.15 ghz before windows rebooted when playing a graphic intense video game so I think it will pass.)

yea, these ccb1e vpmw's are the ****. Most 170's are good for at least 2.9 volts, and some are doing much, much more than that. They are best suited for really good water cooling, as they cold bug very badly. A guy over at xs has his running at 3.15ghz at 1.53v dual prime stable!!, and there is another chip over there that is even better than that one, just hasn't made it to h20 yet.

wait, what is a good LONG term OC voltagewise...is 1.55v too much for years or use? .2 doesn't seem to bad...and what does the middle tempature mean in guadian cuz mine is red, like ICW or something?

Is adding another .1volt to chipset gonna help stability at all?

Monarch shipped me another 165 to RMA mine. Mine runs extremely hot, and I have tried a couple heatsinks and reseated several times. Load temps of almost 60C. I haven't even got to try overclocking it yet, but for stock I think those temps are way too high. Sometimes one instance (of the two running) of prime will fail after 8-9 seconds. Sometimes it won't... I am using the same exact settings as I did with my Opteron 144, and I ran prime for 11 hours with it no problems overclocked to 2.7ghz. I should get my new chip tomorrow or Tuesday. My load temp on my 144 overclocked to 2.7ghz was only about 40C. I would think dual core temps would go up a little, but not 20C. What do you all think?

Jared

sounds like you got a bad ihs install at the factory, my old 165 hit 51-52c max oc'ed to 2.8 with 1.55v, still waiting for my new chip as I just ordered another 165 from monarch. I'll let you know what stepping it is when I get it.

Back