• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Celebrating Decades in the OCF Family - 10 and 20 Year Member Badge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd like to personally thank you members who have established a decade or more of tenure as members here! You guys (and gals) have shown exceptional loyalty to the site and have embraced the Overclockers mission of sharing overclocking knowledge for the betterment of all who come here. Your character and history have molded this community into what it is today!

You may notice a few members around the forums with this special banner below their avatar, highlighting their tenure here:

{10yearbadge}

If you have been here 10 years and haven't yet gotten your badge, contact a member of staff or myself and we will get you hooked up.

We thank you for sticking around and helping to make this a better place, handing down the hobby and traditions the forum was founded upon!

Post in the replies below if you've been here 10 years, or want to thank someone else who has been here that long! They could probably use a reminder they aren't just old and in the way! :rock:

EDIT: Special thanks to forum member EnablingWolf who suggested we create a 10 year badge. Thanks Michael! :salute:

Remind me to message you when I'm eligible for a 20 year badge in December...LOL

I actually need to see if we can finagle one in somehow... haven't dug that far into the bowels of vB yet LOL

Well, if you're going to have to figure out how to make the 20 years badge.... how about an 11.84392461 year badge?
I actually need to see if we can finagle one in somehow... haven't dug that far into the bowels of vB yet LOL

This is still the best community on the internet. I messaged IMOG for my badge. My 2006 self would definitely give me a high five for the server rack but shake his head for how little I game now. 2 year olds have a tendency to take up all available time. There should be a Properties of Toddlers like there are properties of gases. The second rule would be that they take all time remotely available in a parent's life.

Very true, now that mine are getting older I have a little more time to dabble with pc stuff again but I also notice I'm older as well 😏. Kids usually think we are there to save them but sometimes they are the ones sent to save us 👍💗.

This is actually something on my to-do list. 15-year and 20-year badges.

I'm past full retirement age, but don't consider myself old yet. I think you aren't elderly untill 75 lol.

Original site started Nov. 1, 1998. The first bulletin board started sometime early to mid '99 (few months after main site went up) and then went to the first forum-style software not long afterwards (CSSoftware). This vBulletin platform has been around forever...I'm guessing it went live Dec. 2000 because that's when the longest-term members had to re-register as there was no real migration.

As much as my life has changed over the past 20+ years, it's nice to see OCF still chugging along.

Original site started Nov. 1, 1998. The first bulletin board started sometime early to mid '99 (few months after main site went up) and then went to the first forum-style software not long afterwards (CSSoftware). This vBulletin platform has been around forever...I'm guessing it went live Dec. 2000 because that's when the longest-term members had to re-register as there was no real migration.

As much as my life has changed over the past 20+ years, it's nice to see OCF still chugging along.

Definitely great to see you here Jon! We need to get a 20 year badge for your profile :)

I can't believe vBulletin is still chugging along, but OCF lives on forever!

we will be going on 20y here soon dave.. not sure this is something to celebrate though.. /old

Really should do up something for the 20+ year guys

EDIT: I did want to say; I really appreciate that this badge is only being added manually, by request or per recommendation. This would be easy to run as a batch operation, or have the DB do it automatically based on today's date... However, I appreciate that is is only being done to active accounts... Not say, any random one which hasn't been signed into in 5 years, etc

This is actually something on my to-do list. 15-year and 20-year badges.

Really should do up something for the 20+ year guys

EDIT: I did want to say; I really appreciate that this badge is only being added manually, by request or per recommendation. This would be easy to run as a batch operation, or have the DB do it automatically based on today's date... However, I appreciate that is is only being done to active accounts... Not say, any random one which hasn't been signed into in 5 years, etc

Apparently, it's in the works.

Back