• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Change bulldozer idle multi and voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarthGrantius

Registered
Hi guys,

is there a way to change the idle multiplier on bulldozer CPU's? Mine idles at 1.6ghz and I want it lower.

I've tried some tools but they only change the top multiplier.

You could try setting the core clock and voltage as low as you want it in the BIOS, and setting the turbo on and change it's multi and voltage as high as you want it. Only thing is, I think the turbo mode disables modules, so you might end up with only 4 cores overclocked... it wouldn't hurt to try it, then if it does disable modules and you don't want it to, you can try something else.

You could try setting the core clock and voltage as low as you want it in the BIOS, and setting the turbo on and change it's multi and voltage as high as you want it. Only thing is, I think the turbo mode disables modules, so you might end up with only 4 cores overclocked... it wouldn't hurt to try it, then if it does disable modules and you don't want it to, you can try something else.

Hi Aldakoopa,

I would try that however I have Turbo-Core turned off because of my OC.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Well, try turning it back on. I believe AMD OverDrive actually gives you more control over Turbo voltage and multi as well if you want to try that.

Well, try turning it back on. I believe AMD OverDrive actually gives you more control over Turbo voltage and multi as well if you want to try that.

When I have it turned on it clocks down to 3.1 (2.8ghz plus the upped base clock) under full load as TDP gets too high. with it turned off it can hit 3.9ghz with all 8 cores and not clock down.

Although that's quite rare, so i might re-enable turbo core and just disable it when i need all 8 cores screaming

Back