• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing fan on ThermoEngine V60-4210

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tabasco

Registered
Hello all.

I want to change the standard fan on my ThermoEngine V60-4210 to a Delta 60mm Fan.

The delta fan comes with a 3 pin fitting to go into the mobo, but I've read that this is not recommend due to the current the fan pulls. copied from them:

NOTE: DUE TO THE HIGH CURRENT PRODUCED BY THIS FAN, YOU MUST USE A 3>4 PIN ADAPTOR. DO NOT PLUG DIRECTLY ONTO MOTHERBOARD.

Is this necessary? As this is only one place that I've seen this caution point, any one else agree?

Thx

Yes, it's what I did it,
it's better to connect the Delta 38 to the Molex connector of Ps with a simple mod: the Red cable of fan (positive) to the yellow (+12v Ps), the Black cable of fan to the Black of Ps, and leave the Blu cable on the 3Pin so can be connected to the Mobo for the Rpm fan monitoring.

Note: it's needed coz this fan sucks too much and can fry your Mobo!

I've been running my delta plugged into the board for a couple weeks now, I'm still here.

There are different kind of mobos some will work fine with that fan but some could get fried, u should check the max current the headers can give ya

Back