• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap bronze 80+ su modular

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I seriously doubt it. 80+ certifications don't mean anything in terms of quality or safety, just efficiency.

If its the computer in your sig, you have a 95w cpu, and a 130w graphics card. You would have to have a LOT of add in cards and hard drives and roms for that computer to use more than 250-275w at stock speeds. So yeah, even with a decent overclock, that 430 watt corsair unit will be plenty.

For what its worth, i used that same corsair430 power supply building a comp for a friend that had a 2500k and a 6970(unlocked 6950) in it, it ran fine.

The 430w corsair is a good power supply I've used it in several builds and helped a number of friends upgrade their factory desktops with this one. In the US at newegg you can commonly find it under $20 after rebate, great value for the price...

If you see a questionable unit with an 80+ badge, check the list: http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80PlusPowerSupplies.aspx
If it's not on the list, that's bad bad.
If it is, like that one (link), then at least the engineering sample they sent to the 80+ testing people was capable of what it said it was.
That does not mean all that much with regards to the quality of the retail units though, so essentially you can prove it bad with the link above but you cannot prove it good with it.

If you can't find any reviews that involve an oscilloscope and a dedicated load (NOT computer hardware!), don't buy it.

If you see a questionable unit with an 80+ badge, check the list: http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80PlusPowerSupplies.aspx
If it's not on the list, that's bad bad.
If it is, like that one (link), then at least the engineering sample they sent to the 80+ testing people was capable of what it said it was.
That does not mean all that much with regards to the quality of the retail units though, so essentially you can prove it bad with the link above but you cannot prove it good with it.

If you can't find any reviews that involve an oscilloscope and a dedicated load (NOT computer hardware!), don't buy it.

Ok so yesterday my nephew said i could have his 6870 twin frozr and a 600 watt xilence psu 80+ bronze (it is a high quality one he paid 60 euros for it) for 100 euros

It's not high quality unless he or someone can come up with a good review on it that tests voltage stability at various temperatures. No need to take risks with a PSU that might be questionably good.

The only Xilence 600w PSU I can find a review of is a Sirfa OEM unit. So far I have yet to test a Sirfa that was good. They're not bad, but they tend towards excessive ripple.

I would not call it high quality, just high price.

The only Xilence 600w PSU I can find a review of is a Sirfa OEM unit. So far I have yet to test a Sirfa that was good. They're not bad, but they tend towards excessive ripple.

I would not call it high quality, just high price.

Should i then go for the corsair cx 430

Back