• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap OC board for 2160

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Evilsizer,

no pad here, nice technique though, but find it kinda funny, before we use to put wire to united pins, ect now no pins on chip, so now padding it :D

always learning something new, love that, thx for the links

Alacritan,

haven't run that test, just setup up this unit recently, thx guys for all who help with suggestions, and learning about these new programs currently in use, have always use my games, and prime (12-24hrs) to test stability, no crashes and no errors = to me its stable,

but will try to use it soon, what version is the latest right now? link?, thx

load 60-65c and 1.40 Vcore, ultra 120 with tri cool antec fan

sam

no pins on chips?
Whaaaa?

Anywayz that is an awesome mod, any of you tried it? what about on an e2160?

well then im confussed. How were they doing these mods on conroe chips, which i see clearly have LOTS of pins coming out the bottom

socket_f_lga.gif

Motherboard Pins

processador-lga.jpg

Pads on CPU

3.2 shouldnt need much more than 1.45 volts, but those volts have to be stable and the vdroop of your board will make or break that completly. mine will dropp like a whole 0.25 or more and what seems to be stable will go to crap even after hours T_T.

Mine will run up to 1600 fsb, but that takes 1.55+ volts to do and in the case of my 650i *which is a lot cheaper me thinks than a p35 by now* the lack of fsb voltage options. You can definatly do the padmods, there is a sticky over in the intel forum and ill confirm from my own 2160 that both will work, you just need to insulate over top of one to do the other.
dont be too worried about the heat on these if you have a decent air cooler. they get hot no matter what... i have a storm g5 on mine without a heatspreader and it still likes to get high 50's under load with the volts.
never been able to make it happy.

Back