• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Time for new monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I bought the ViewSonic VA2759-smh 27" Full HD 1080P IPS Monitor from Newegg, ultimately swayed by the price, generally favourable reviews(fwiw) and the realization that I could pay more for the features that matter to me(27", IPS, 1080P) but that wouldn't be a guarantee of "better".

I've had Acer, LG and HannsG LCD panels, and they've been satisfactory(still are after 8 & 10 years) but I recall the ViewSonic gaming CRT monitors of the early 2000s. Had a 25" ViewSonic CRT, nice display but what a monster, my arms were barely long enough to grip that massive CRT...was glad when I got rid of all of those type monitors and TVs.

The ViewSonic brand has stuck in my mind as favorable, we'll see what $183 bought....

Hopefully it works out well for you. I think for your uses, as long as the quality holds, that you will be happy with it.

You will have to let us know what you think of it when it arrives.

Left my neighbor's house(helping with his computer) this afternoon , the FedEX truck just pulled in my driveway!

Niiiice! should have treated myself to this upgrade a long time ago. Mucho screen real estate, nice colors!

I'm kinda getting used to using my 49" tv as a monitor. Makes my 24" asus look small now. A 27 is 'bout perfect but tbh I can't wait to switch entirely to dlp's. To hell with spending tons of money on limited aspect ratios and limited inputs. I'd rather just replace a bulb and get whatever the hell I want whenever I want with virtually no limitations. They're both new so I've got time for the dlp's to come way down in price. Currently they are ~$3000 for the 'good' ones last I checked. With a dlp your only worry is wall real estate. That and maybe the price of a decent da-light. I have a brand new da-light in my garage and the box looks like it was printed back in the 70's and it never got used but for maybe some 8mil home movies.

I have a ViewSonic VA2465SMH (24" IPS 1080p) attached to my mini-ITX build. It is a very nice clear picture with good colors.

I hope you are enjoying your new 27" monitor & the added real estate that comes with it!

Back