• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap ram thatll do cas at ~215?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skitlets

cheap ram thatll do cas2 at ~215?

i can run my buffalo ch-5's 2x256mb pc3200 at 205 2-3-3-11 on 2.8 vdimm, but i ran a stick of my cousins pc3500 hyperx and was able to boot my cpu at ~220 fsb but i crashed out on 3dmark. i suspect it was too little vcore, but i wont be raising that past 1.8 without the proper cooling. i was wondering what ram will run at about 215 at cas 2 timings with dual channel. im gonna try and get rid of these ch-5's, or wuld 2.9 vdimm get me better results. loosening the timings didnt help the ch-5 either. so once again, i need two cheap sticks of 256mb that will run 215 cas 2 guaranteed, or atleast a relly good chance itll run at 215.

Last edited:
if u want cheap ram that has an excellent chance of running 220+at cas 2225 and if u are willing to put in a little legwork, checkout all your local compusa's/best buy/ circuit city. find the kingston valueram and check out their pc2700/3200 look in the little window for winbond bh5-bh6 chips. kingston uses all kinds of chips and these chips are still around. i just picked up 2 sticks in the last week of pc2700 valueram with winbond bh6 chips. they were 49.00 a piece with a 25.00 rebate. making it a net cost of 48.00 for both. ive already tested 1 stick to 240 at cas2225. and the other one should run similarly. but u gotta remember its gonna take a little time and some searching it took a week and 5 or 6 stores but it got me 2 very fine winbond, bh6 modules for cheap. goodluck flapper

flapperhead said:
if u want cheap ram that has an excellent chance of running 220+at cas 2225 and if u are willing to put in a little legwork, checkout all your local compusa's/best buy/ circuit city. find the kingston valueram and check out their pc2700/3200 look in the little window for winbond bh5-bh6 chips. kingston uses all kinds of chips and these chips are still around. i just picked up 2 sticks in the last week of pc2700 valueram with winbond bh6 chips. they were 49.00 a piece with a 25.00 rebate. making it a net cost of 48.00 for both. ive already tested 1 stick to 240 at cas2225. and the other one should run similarly. but u gotta remember its gonna take a little time and some searching it took a week and 5 or 6 stores but it got me 2 very fine winbond, bh6 modules for cheap. goodluck flapper

wait... i thought bh6 was a bad choice? I'm probably misinformed, but isn't bh6 way worse than ch5?

No, BH-6 can do exactly what BH-5 does only it can do it at higher FSB, and it also really likes voltage.

-S

Back