• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check out my 3 hour mod! Carpet Computer!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It looks cute, why not make some pink or yellow accents?

Gonna be hot in there..be sure to have your airflow figured out.

heat isn't an issue, because i've got a 120mm mounted in the front below the drive behind that screen...temps are 38C idle 46C load @ 25C ambient on cpu and 25-28C case temp. Also, the carpet isn't insulated or very thick, it was just a small rug/mat thing with a border around it you use in front of a door....so it lets water through and stuff.

Haha. Dude that thing looks so funny. It looks like one of those old school caddy interiors with the carpet inside.

yeah the noise was cut down about 30-40%.....a LOT bigger improvement than i expected, mostly because i wasn't concerned with it to begin with when i started the mod...i bet i could put some carpet on the inside and it would make it even quieter...but i don't really care that much

P4mustangtime said:
Know what come up in my mind the first thing? Austin Power! "Shag my ..., shag my ..." I think you get my drift! :p :D

So very '60s, baby! Rofl
Beat me to it but I was going to say 70's.

What next a Disco Box? *Complete with BeeGees Windows Theme*

my next mod will be a comp covered in leather...gonna go with black on the inside with a case window and beige on the outside with black trim...and of course a cup holder in the top...goin for a classy car interior look...but this won't be done for a long time cuz i've got no time, and im' cheap:)

tyshy said:
my next mod will be a comp covered in leather...gonna go with black on the inside and beige on the outside with black trim...and of course a cup holder in the top...goin for a classy car interior look...but this won't be done for a long time cuz i've got no time, and im' cheap:)

Sounds nice, are you going with genuine or a cheaper alternative? :p

i'm am debating between faux leather (extremely cheap and can afford to mess it up and start over) or genuine and spend a lot more for a very similar result?...its not like i'm sitting or rubbing all over my computer. I was also thinking maybe an ultra suede or something of the sort...we shall see...for now i'll leave things up to my imagination

I wanted to do that a long time ago... I wanted to use 2" shag, but couldn't find the carpet I wanted for a reasonable price.

Thumbs up.

Back