• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check these fans out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have the best of both worlds - manual PWM controller for 4-pin fans, as per the big thread on this forum. I also like to use other controllers but only for low powered 3-pin fans, like the San Aces at 130mA. The San Aces make no ticking noise when undervolted which is very rare and shows a good quality fan. They even spin at 3v! :D

The Deltas I recently installed make this cool sound when I turn the speed controller knob to the threshold point where impedance is overcome and they start to turn. It sounds a little like an old WWII prop plane when the pilot first starts to crank the engine. I only use one out of three fans each day unless I'm running something demanding that needs more cooling. I rotate between the three fans, changing from one to the other at the start of each day.

Last edited:
I got one of these myself
I had it plugged into a fan hub thats PWM controlled and had it in push on a cpu hsf
it did move alot of air but it was really noisy even on lowest rpm (full rpm sounded like a hair dryer) and ended up replacing it with a quieter fan

DSC02590_zpsh5chzobu.jpg~original.jpg

I used to run a Delta AFC1212D-F00 witch is a 3400rpm 25mm thick fan. Funny thing is, it's stall speed was higher than the 38mm thick 4000rpm deltas I'm now running. I could never get the AFC1212D-F00 to a low enough RPM range with my controller for it not to be too noisy for me.

bumping for this delta I found in the trash, has the priority dell connector so needs to changed

GZFrBy9.jpg

proxy-php570.jpg

proxy-php627.jpg

proxy-php479.jpg

I run the 3 fin ones on my rad they were reasonably cheap on the bay. Had to repin the 4 pin PWM stuff since they were setup for a server with the wires in a different config, but I run these straight off of the motherboard. Using PWM these will run at 800RPM most of their life.

Back