• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheeky method of overclocking a Phenom II x6 1055t

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I can reach 3.8MHz and keep it below 55C and i dont really even need it past 3.4MHz. And i also dont need all 6 cores- infact i ordered a quad core and the company sent me a hexa core and said i needed to pay to get the quad core and return the hexa core- so i kept the hexacore :D. When the time comes for me to use all 6 cores at 3.8Mhz i will invest into a cooling system.

Also there are 1.35v ram chips http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233199

In other news, it is still hanging at boot.

You can run it at 3.8 with all 6 cores? Go for it the more cores the better afaik.

No it's not. It's at 2300 mhz. Check the CPU-z "CPU" tab picture you posted. When you overclock with the CPU frequency the NB gets faster along with the bus speed increase because they are linked.

No i mean its already at 2000MHz i changed it after i changed the ram voltage and about 2 boots before your post. My NB frequency since than has been 2000 or below.

Also I get 3.8 with the 4 cores i haven't tried 3.8 with all 6

I will try the NB voltage like Storm suggested though.

drop to 3.6 and enable all 6 cores 00 as you are running "stock" cooling, i assume. See if she can handle that on stock w your same temps. If she can, I would stick to all 6 for gaming as you will see a marked improvement vs 4//3.8.

you will get 10 degrees if not better if you get a simple aftermarket cooler-- and you will get 3.8 with all 6 cores no problem. 25-50 dollars is worth the minimal coin and effort to install. think about becoming an "air hog". :D

drop to 3.6 and enable all 6 cores 00 as you are running "stock" cooling, i assume. See if she can handle that on stock w your same temps. If she can, I would stick to all 6 for gaming as you will see a marked improvement vs 4//3.8.

you will get 10 degrees if not better if you get a simple aftermarket cooler-- and you will get 3.8 with all 6 cores no problem. 25-50 dollars is worth the minimal coin and effort to install. think about becoming an "air hog". :D

Nah i am fine 4 x 3.4Mhz, i get 60+ frames on LoL and runs smooth skyrim etc plus i am not too fussy i used to play games at 15fps back in my **** pc days. Also 4x3.8 is more effective than 6x 3.6 as most games optimized for 4 cores

Mainly i want the boot hanging to stop :(

oK after a week of trying stuff out i am still stumped at why the stupid thing keeps hanging at boot. :S

One thing that resolves the "NO POST AT BOOT" syndrome (with an overclocked Phenom II) is raising the CPU-NB voltage. Try 1.35-1.43v and you should have no trouble on restarts.
Did you try this suggestion yet? That has resolved cold boot issues on Intel systems I've had in the past as well.

Considering that stock cpu-nb voltage is 1.175, I don't think I'd go that high.
Personally my best results on air cooling have been in the 1.2 to 1.275 range, more than 1.275 has simply increased the heatload without any benefit for me.

On DDR3: Spec voltage is 1.5v, ALL DDR3 must accept 1.5v at some clock speed or another, or it cannot call itself DDR3.
Some DDR3 sticks will run reliably at 1.35v, not many, but some. They must be 1.5v tolerant to call themselves DDR3 though!
Other DDR3 is rated at much higher voltages, I've seen as high as 1.9v rated stuff. Again it has to POST and run reliably at some speed or another at 1.5v.

Your ram is vanilla DDR3, it wants the spec voltage, no more and no less.

Considering that stock cpu-nb voltage is 1.175, I don't think I'd go that high.
Personally my best results on air cooling have been in the 1.2 to 1.275 range, more than 1.275 has simply increased the heatload without any benefit for me.

On DDR3: Spec voltage is 1.5v, ALL DDR3 must accept 1.5v at some clock speed or another, or it cannot call itself DDR3.
Some DDR3 sticks will run reliably at 1.35v, not many, but some. They must be 1.5v tolerant to call themselves DDR3 though!
Other DDR3 is rated at much higher voltages, I've seen as high as 1.9v rated stuff. Again it has to POST and run reliably at some speed or another at 1.5v.

Your ram is vanilla DDR3, it wants the spec voltage, no more and no less.
yeah get the ram under control and then try upping the NB and CPU nb voltages. as I mentioned ealier. These are still in the SAFE RANGE. I noticed NO HEAT DIFFERENCES between 1.175 and 1.38 cpu nb, FYI. If you have a good mobo you wont see any heat increases/problems with this.

Actually, the "safe" range for the CPUNB according to research done by a forum member who looked at some white papers or something official is much higher than I would have ever expected, somewhere between 1.4-1.5. Take it for what it's worth. Personally, I would not set mine that high.

AMD published a guide that said 1.55v for cpu and cpu-nb. Crazy stuff, that.

I haven't heard of any deaths due to cpu-nb volts, so if it works for you and doesn't cause Heat, go for it!

For me it caused Heat and instability.

Whenever a user comes in and has nothing but pure trouble with a computer configuration, it is time to do some legwork. i finally unearthed some reviews of the Shinobee Gaming setup and listened to the customer reviews and their drooling and high-fiving thru the headaches they were having with some of their rigs.

The link below is a customer reviewer that was one of those just high-fiving his booty off when he first got his setup with the M4N68T-M-LE-V2 motherboard in it.

shinobee Gaming PC #3700 AMD Phenom X6 1055T HEXACORE 6x2.80 Ghz | 4GB DDR3 PC-1333 | 1500 GB SATA HDD | ATI Radeon 6870 1024MB RAM DirectX 11 | 24x ASUS Dual Layer DVD +/- R/RW DVD-Drive (Personal Computers)

First of all I want to start of by saying that this is a RE POST of a previous review. I originally gave it 5 stars and received a lot of negative comments towards my authenticity as a genuine buyer. Seeing as I've had this computer for a longer period of time and have, since then, opened it up to have a look around, I have decided to rectify my review. It's going to get a bit wordy, but hopefully it will cover everything.

Most importantly, you really must be aware that the motherboard that comes with this product is TERRIBLE for two key reasons. The first is that is has a very low USB bandwidth, and I found that I would overload it without even using all of the available. The second is that the motherboard is incapable of providing sufficient power to the processor under prolonged stress periods. This is due to the required processor power of 120w, that is right on the limit of this board. Most the time, when something says that it supports "Up to" a value, the most stable result is always a little less than this, and this motherboard is no exception. On frequent occasions the processor would drop from 2.8ghz to 0.8ghz with seemingly no warning, causing HUGE lag spike whilst gaming. This also makes it impossible to overclock stably past 3.0ghz, and the limited options within the BIOS do nothing to help this. I can't really blame the product for this, because upon purchase you're made well aware of what you're buying, but it's something to take into serious consideration.

Whenever a user comes in and has nothing but pure trouble with a computer configuration, it is time to do some legwork. i finally unearthed some reviews of the Shinobee Gaming setup and listened to the customer reviews and their drooling and high-fiving thru the headaches they were having with some of their rigs.

The link below is a customer reviewer that was one of those just high-fiving his booty off when he first got his setup with the M4N68T-M-LE-V2 motherboard in it.

shinobee Gaming PC #3700 AMD Phenom X6 1055T HEXACORE 6x2.80 Ghz | 4GB DDR3 PC-1333 | 1500 GB SATA HDD | ATI Radeon 6870 1024MB RAM DirectX 11 | 24x ASUS Dual Layer DVD +/- R/RW DVD-Drive (Personal Computers)

First of all I want to start of by saying that this is a RE POST of a previous review. I originally gave it 5 stars and received a lot of negative comments towards my authenticity as a genuine buyer. Seeing as I've had this computer for a longer period of time and have, since then, opened it up to have a look around, I have decided to rectify my review. It's going to get a bit wordy, but hopefully it will cover everything.

Most importantly, you really must be aware that the motherboard that comes with this product is TERRIBLE for two key reasons. The first is that is has a very low USB bandwidth, and I found that I would overload it without even using all of the available. The second is that the motherboard is incapable of providing sufficient power to the processor under prolonged stress periods. This is due to the required processor power of 120w, that is right on the limit of this board. Most the time, when something says that it supports "Up to" a value, the most stable result is always a little less than this, and this motherboard is no exception. On frequent occasions the processor would drop from 2.8ghz to 0.8ghz with seemingly no warning, causing HUGE lag spike whilst gaming. This also makes it impossible to overclock stably past 3.0ghz, and the limited options within the BIOS do nothing to help this. I can't really blame the product for this, because upon purchase you're made well aware of what you're buying, but it's something to take into serious consideration.

Damm, thanks that makes a lot of sense now. But i cant really blame them either cause i got my setup dead cheap only £304 so i guess i still got what i paid for and more. Well maybe i will just stay with 2.8GHz or just put up with the booting issues as its only a few minutes. Anyway guys thanks for the great help sorry for late reply i was in turkey :D

Back