• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

chipset bent pin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

newbie boy

I just bought a new MSI Z97 GMING 3 but i accedentally bent 1 pin but its not bent that bad. I just want to know if should i connect my new i5 cpu? Cause if afraid that my cpu might get damage also

Pls provide what are the other options that i can do. First timer on setting up a new one :(

Last edited:
Bend the pin back to where it should be. I believe people use needles or things small like that as to not impact other pins.

More than likely it won't hurt anything if the pin is not lined up properly. Most likely scenario is it just won't work or some function like the video won't work. If you can get the pin back into position pretty close to normal you should be okay. Using a magnifying glass can be a big help.

Agreed with trents (unless it's touching or could with pressure, touch another pin/pad).

Should be an easy fix with a needle and magnifying glass, yep!

Back