• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chipset/ Northbridge Solutions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cold.nut

hey i am looking to get a Peltier. it will help me with older chips and it will also help me keep my chipset/northbridge temperatures. i am new to it, so i don't really know what i am looking for. as far as i understand though, you can buy or make your own unit. i found a 92W peltier on amazon for $5.00. i really can't get cheaper than that, it will make me feel useless :)!

this is the peltier i am looking at though.. i intend to use it to cool older PCI and AGP GPU's and its primary use will be on my P4C800-E Deluxe chipset. i am trying to find out if it will mount properly on that board with a 40mmx40mm heatsink like this one

what say you peltier pros? :shrug: i also need feedback on that heatsink for the NB and peltier. is it going to fit that P4C800-E?

Last edited:
It will fry on that heatsink.
A 90w pelt has the same heat output as a 775 or 1156 quad core, plus the heat it pulls from whatever it is cooling.

generally if your using a peltier thats anything bigger than 40 watts, you will need to water cool it, you can get a away with a little larger if you've got a good setup going and bonds and everything but take it from someone that has destroyed stuff with a peltier. If your gonna use one overcool the hot side or risk both side flashing hot.

Or you can melt your peltier to your cpu/chip like did about 12 years ago :D

Back