• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choosing better motherboard!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes. But not sure why you would bother with that. Memory performance yields so little...its not worth it to pay to swap boards. Save up for a more modern and substantial upgrade.

Yes. But not sure why you would bother with that. Memory performance yields so little...its not worth it to pay to swap boards. Save up for a more modern and substantial upgrade.

yeah,but..i will be stuck with x5460 for a while...and i dont want to buy 8gb of ddr2 and later when i upgrade mobo and cpu, i cant sell it well...
thats why i want to go for ddr3 mobo instead...

I dont find that path logical. You wont sell it well with ddr3 either man. Its really not any faster.

yeah,but..i will be stuck with x5460 for a while...and i dont want to buy 8gb of ddr2 and later when i upgrade mobo and cpu, i cant sell it well...
thats why i want to go for ddr3 mobo instead...

Depending on how long you use that set up DDR3 could be obsolete as well. All current systems run DDR4 and it'll only go up from there. I'm with E_D, save your money and upgrade to something more modern when you can afford it. when you can

Back