• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Chrome Browser and W7, issues. How to wipe it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I am havin gissues with Google Chrome on my work PC. I use Youtube, on a regular basis, for company videos and such, and some personal use. The issue is, that it wont load video, now i am the only one in the company with this issue.

Chrome/Youtube blames the ISP, but we have 50mbit, and Firefox has no issues. Other pc's have different, yet annoying issues with Chrome.

We are running W7 Pro 32bit.

How on earth do i remove Chrome, so that it will feel like it was never ever on the pc? Apart from a format and reinstall, how on earth can i wipe Chrome fully?

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I am havin gissues with Google Chrome on my work PC. I use Youtube, on a regular basis, for company videos and such, and some personal use. The issue is, that it wont load video, now i am the only one in the company with this issue.

Chrome/Youtube blames the ISP, but we have 50mbit, and Firefox has no issues. Other pc's have different, yet annoying issues with Chrome.

We are running W7 Pro 32bit.

How on earth do i remove Chrome, so that it will feel like it was never ever on the pc? Apart from a format and reinstall, how on earth can i wipe Chrome fully?

Pierre,

If you have the proper permissions to download I have found Revo Uninstaller to be quite good and comprehensive.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

After an uninstall there are still files left behind in at least the appdata directory and possibly also in programdata that would need to be deleted.

Hey guys,

Chrome has been having issues since YouTube moved from Flash to HTML5, there is a couple addons that allow you to switch between both.

Also this removal tutorial might help : http://www.wintips.org/how-to-completely-uninstall-re-install-google-chrome/

I know i've run into this issue before....

I cannot for the life of me remember how it got resolved.

Check to make sure "Widevine Content Decryption Module" isnt disabled via chrome://plugins

you could also try setting it to "always allowed to run"

Thanks for the repsonse guys.

I have full access being system Admin, so thats not an issue.

I will give REvo a try when i have spare time, its really a huge annoying issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I know i've run into this issue before....

I cannot for the life of me remember how it got resolved.

Check to make sure "Widevine Content Decryption Module" isnt disabled via chrome://plugins

you could also try setting it to "always allowed to run"

This solved the issue so far! Thanks.

Back