• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clarification on Overclock Asus + AMD FX 4300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DavidGuadagno

Registered
Hey all, this is my first post on here and I'm just looking for some tips on overclocking. I'm wondering if anyone else here has used this combo to overclock and what kinda numbers they used and what the results were or really just any other tips at all?
Well I'm trying to understand the settings...

I show you the settings:
Bios + IBT tests settings

now what I ask you a simple question, is everything okay?

PS: web i do IBT tests I always restart the pc for the ram refresh

Last edited:
Temps look about maxed out. If it's stable use it and enjoy. No need to push harder to obtain more heat and 50mhz more.

Looks like a great deal of cpu voltage for only 4.3ish cpu speed. What motherboard is that in use? Cheaper Asus? How about a full list of system specs so we can see what kind of combination of parts are in use. The more detailed the specs...the better.

RGone...

Agreed to high a voltage for little gain. On my Crosshair V I hit just over 5ghz with the Bus at 266mhz with 1.428v on the core and NB at 1.175v Prime stable 4 hours at 55c.

Try over clocking the CPU reference clock instead and leave the multiplier alone, start at say 233mhz @1.36v raise the Bus speed until unstable then add volts. Don't forget to keep your memory speed as close as possible to its default frequency.

Back